Windows 10: Why does my laptop shut itself down

Discus and support Why does my laptop shut itself down in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Carp08, Sep 5, 2022.

1. Carp08 Win User

Why does my laptop shut itself down

This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course, I have to turn it back on. Simple. But there's another problem. It also does something to my Wi-Fi; it turns it off somehow and not even troubleshooting will get it back unless I restart my laptop. It's a nuisance honestly, I have to go through this every day, and I don't know how to fix it.

:)

Carp08, Sep 5, 2022
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Sep 5, 2022
  3. Laptop won't shut down

Hi Muhammad,

Most of the time, the issue regarding a device that won't shut down properly may be caused by a system conflict after an update or that there are some incompatibility issues. To assist you with this concern, we recommend that you run the troubleshooter.
    To do this, kindly follow the steps listed below:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Click on View all on the left-side of the page.
    • Click on each category below then follow the on-screen prompt to run the troubleshooter:
    • Background Intelligent Transfer Service
    • Hardware and Devices
    • Power
    • Windows Update
    Note: Make sure that you restart your PC after running the troubleshooter for each category.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Sep 5, 2022
  4. Why does my laptop shut itself down

Won't shut down or restart -- error X0X

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what are the methods that you have tried to solve the issue.

The issue might occur if the computer is not shut down properly. so, I suggest you to perform a power drain by follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Shut down the Computer.
    • Remove all power source (including battery if it is a laptop).
    • Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.
    • Connect the power source and start the computer.
    • After the computer boots to the desktop, suggest you to install all the pending updates.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

Why does my laptop shut itself down

1. Why does my laptop shut itself down - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my computer shut down, lose drivers, and more by itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer shut down, lose drivers, and more by itself?: Hi! I purchased a Dell Latitude 3510 with Windows 11 and it was working fine. One day I was on Levi’s website, home alone, got up to use the restroom, and while I was in there my laptop started FREAKING OUT. I followed the sound of an alarm back to my room and realized my...
  3. Laptop CANNOT shut itself down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop CANNOT shut itself down: Hello, I'm on Windows10. I've been so confused about my computer these recent days. Whenever I tried to shut down or restart, the computet would show the powering off screen without any spinning dots Below attachment to show if the powering process was going on. I thought it...
  4. Laptop CANNOT shut itself down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop CANNOT shut itself down: Hello, I'm on Windows10. I've been so confused about my computer these recent days. Whenever I tried to shut down or restart, the computet would show the powering off screen without any spinning dots Below attachment to show if the powering process was going on. I thought it...
  5. Laptop CANNOT shut itself down

6. Why does my laptop shut itself down

Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  7. laptop keeps shutting itself down?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keeps shutting itself down?: i have windows 10 my laptop shuts down by itself all the time, but ive noticed 2 patterns in this 1st one is that it shuts itself down immediatly after it goes into low power mode yknow like when its below 20% or whenever it goes into low power mode, ir doesnt even give me...
  8. Laptop shuts down by itself.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down by itself.: It's been a day now that I have been getting this problem.. My laptop suddenly, out of nowhere decides to shut down after like 45 mins of usage. I thought it is because of overheating though I do not do any heavy gaming or work. The fan is functioning properly I tried...
  9. Laptop shuts down by itself.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop shuts down by itself.: My laptop shuts itself down as soon as left idle for a short amount of time. Have to press power button for a long time before screen becomes alive again and then message appears in upper left hand corner that system did not shut down cleanly. It then goes through some...
  10. My laptop shuts down by itself

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My laptop shuts down by itself: i don't know how it happened it started to do this when i downloaded Avg antivirus. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-laptop-shuts-down-by-itself/d34625ce-0453-4ce9-88a7-a925aa097bfe