Windows 10: Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?

Discus and support Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Device: Lenovo ThinkPad T495Windows Version: Windows 10 22H2Issue: My laptop works fine charging when turned off or using it without the charger... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Arthur Knight1, Apr 16, 2023.

1. Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?

Device: Lenovo ThinkPad T495Windows Version: Windows 10 22H2Issue: My laptop works fine charging when turned off or using it without the charger inserted, but as soon as I plug in my charger, a command prompt shows up for a split second and then my laptop shuts off by itself. I tried buying a new charger to see if it fixed the problem, but that didn't work. I even tried doing a system restore if it was a software issue or a virus, but doing a system restore requires having the charger plugged in which would shut off the PC. I cannot figure out if this is a software issue or a battery issue. Th

:)

Arthur Knight1, Apr 16, 2023

2. Laptop Freezes until I either insert or remove charger

I have an odd bug and I'm not sure what might be causing it. I have a 15.6" Xiaomi Notebook Pro with a USB-C charger.

Every so often, my laptop screen freezes. Music still plays in the background and I assume other processes are also running. Only, I can't move my mouse or make any input. I can solve this by either inserting the USB-C charger if it's not already inserted, or taking out the charger if it is inserted. Then everything goes back to working as intended.

The nature of the solution leads me to believe that this is some power issue but I'm not quite sure how I would go about fixing it permanently.

Skylar Kennedy, Apr 16, 2023
  3. Windows shutting down at 40% battery without any warning.

Hi Sushil,

I realize that you face difficulty with abrupt shut down of the system. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try these steps:

• Plug in a different charger to the system and check if the issue persists.

• Plug in your laptop charger to different laptop and check.
    Note: provided the laptop charger and charger jack should be compatible.

Please follow methods.

Method 1: run power troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run power troubleshooter.

Please follow the steps

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on view all from the left panel and select power troubleshooter from the list.

• Then follow on-screen instructions.
    If issue still persists follow method 2.

Method 2: create new power plan.

• Click Start, and then select Control Panel.
    • Click Hardware and Sound, and then select
      Power Options.
    • The Power Options Control Panel opens, and the power plans appear.
    • Click Create a power plan.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to create and customize a power plan file that is based on an existing plan.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with Windows 10.

Thank you.

Prahalad Aramanda, Apr 16, 2023
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?

Laptop Chargers

Do laptop chargers have to be specific for the laptop or can I buy one for any laptop? I have a Gateway M-6750 in perfect condition but no charger to really use it. How much are they and where can I get one? Thank you!

OrbitzXT, Apr 16, 2023
Thema:

Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?

1. Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my laptop keep shutting off after I log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop keep shutting off after I log in?: Im using an Acer Nitro 5, and whenever I click, "log in" after inputting my microsoft email and password, my computer shuts off, then turns back on and takes me to the sign in screen again. This is reoccurring....
  3. Why does my laptop keep shutting off after I log in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop keep shutting off after I log in?: Im using an Acer Nitro 5, and whenever I click, "log in" after inputting my microsoft email and password, my computer shuts off, then turns back on and takes me to the sign in screen again. This is reoccurring....
  4. Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?: Device: Lenovo ThinkPad T495Windows Version: Windows 10 22H2Issue: My laptop works fine charging when turned off or using it without the charger inserted, but as soon as I plug in my charger, a command prompt shows up for a split second and then my laptop shuts off by itself....
  5. Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?

Why does my laptop shut off whenever I insert my charger?: Device: Lenovo ThinkPad T495Windows Version: Windows 10 22H2Issue: My laptop works fine charging when turned off or using it without the charger inserted, but as soon as I plug in my charger, a command prompt shows up for a split second and then my laptop shuts off by itself....
  6. Whenever I plug my laptop to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my laptop shuts...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Whenever I plug my laptop to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my laptop shuts...: Whenever I plug my computer to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my computer shuts down. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-plug-my-laptop-to-charger-an-empty-cmd/45156bbb-ec57-48c3-8697-029ced814b38
  7. Whenever I plug my laptop to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my laptop shuts...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I plug my laptop to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my laptop shuts...: Whenever I plug my computer to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my computer shuts down. What do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-plug-my-laptop-to-charger-an-empty-cmd/45156bbb-ec57-48c3-8697-029ced814b38
  8. Whenever I plug my laptop to charger, an empty cmd panel pops up and then my laptop shuts...

9. Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whenever i unplug my laptop's charger it instantly shuts down: A couple weeks ago my computer started to shut down whenever i pull out the charger so i have to charge it at all times but its going to over charge, what should i do...
  10. WHEN I TAKE OFF MY CHARGER. MY LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WHEN I TAKE OFF MY CHARGER. MY LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK: THE THING IS THAT WHEN I TAKE OFF MY CHARGER. MY LAPTOP DOES NOT WORK AND IT ONLY WORKS WHEN THE CHARGER IS PLUGGED IN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-problem/5b9e31fc-c14e-4a1b-a2b3-ef9e44b5ad62"