Windows 10: Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...

Discus and support Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After selecting shut down from start, the screen goes dark as usual but the light indicators remain lit, and the laptop restarts. So it never really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wilteron, Nov 24, 2022.

1. Wilteron Win User

Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...

After selecting shut down from start, the screen goes dark as usual but the light indicators remain lit, and the laptop restarts. So it never really shuts down and just starts back up right away.Everything is up to date. I have updated the windows, drivers from MyAsus, and also the graphic drivers from Nvidia GeForce Experience. Yet, when I run a diagnosis of "System Check" from MyASUS, I get two suggestions. 1 Device Driver - This does not point out which driver is out of date or needs to be fixed. 2 Application usage - I don't really know where to go with this.

:)

Wilteron, Nov 24, 2022

2. laptop not shutting down

Hello,

The previous update you've installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's performance?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you disable the Hybrid Shutdown manually. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Select Power Options.
    • On the left side of the window, click Choose what the power button do.
    • If in case it is needed, click Change settings that are currently unavailable, under
      Define power buttons then turn on password protection.
    • From the enabled options, under the Shutdown settings section, uncheck
      Turn on fast startup (recommended)
      checkbox to disable Hybrid Shutdown. Click Save changes to save.
    • Try to shut down the computer once again.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Shutdown problem on my Windows 10 laptop.

Hello,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issues with the shutdown function of your laptop:

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar beside the Windows icon.
    • Select Troubleshooting from the results.
    • Under System and Security, select Fix Problems with Windows Update.
    • Choose Troubleshoot as an Administrator.

Let us know if the steps above worked for you.

Jennifer Bri, Nov 24, 2022
  4. Zeeba# Win User

Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down... - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop turn back on after a shutdown? I have been forcefully shutting it down...: After selecting shut down from start, the screen goes dark as usual but the light indicators remain lit, and the laptop restarts. So it never really shuts down and just starts back up right away.Everything is up to date. I have updated the windows, drivers from MyAsus, and...
  3. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  4. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  5. After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  6. After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again

After shutting down computer, when I try to turn it on I have to force shutdown again: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  7. Why does my laptop shut itself down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  8. Why does my laptop shut itself down

Why does my laptop shut itself down: This started a while ago, and it bothers me more and more as it happens. So, when I don't use my laptop for a few hours 6+ maybe? it shuts itself down. Let's say I close my laptop at night and go to bed. The next morning when I open my laptop, it's powered off. So of course,...
  9. My laptop shut down and wont turn back on

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My laptop shut down and wont turn back on: My hp laptop just shut down and wont turn on during my online classes can anyone help submitted by /u/chandraryanmaharia [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jwxk7b/my_laptop_shut_down_and_wont_turn_back_on/
  10. After force shut down, PC won't turn back on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    After force shut down, PC won't turn back on: I have windows 10 and my computer wasn't logging in (stuck at 'welcome' screen) so I force powered off my computer by holding the power button. I tried turning it back on, but it wouldn't. The lights weren't turning on, on my PC or my mouse and keyboard. The only thing that...