Windows 10: Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

Discus and support Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is a really big problem. After a while in sleep mode, my laptop shuts down. How can I disable this? It’s really annoying. I has Windows 1909... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/andr74b, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

This is a really big problem. After a while in sleep mode, my laptop shuts down. How can I disable this? It’s really annoying.

I has Windows 1909 update.

submitted by /u/andr74b
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/andr74b, Jan 22, 2021
  2. Chadi Win User

ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while? [​IMG]

Chadi, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

PC turns on straight away after sleep mode is on

Hi Danny,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that you system is still on even if the sleep mode option is turned on. This might be due to the change in the power plan settings.

Please follow the below methods and check if it works,

Method 1: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Type Power Options and then Enter.
    • In the left pane Select Change when the computer sleeps.
    • Select Restore default settings on this plan.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Reply us if you have further queries we will be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

1. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Is there a way to track my laptop with the location turn off? But it's in sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to track my laptop with the location turn off? But it's in sleep mode.: My laptop got stolen. My location on my laptop is turned off and it is in sleep mode. Is there a way to track it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-track-my-laptop-with-the/649abc85-d182-4dc5-928c-bb849da22a82
  3. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  4. My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop turns off/hibernates while it's sleeping: I have windows 11 and my problem is that my laptop turns off/hibernates while sleeping. I can't tell if it's hibernating or turned off. There is no "hibernate after" option in my advanced power options menu. What can I do to fix this?...
  5. My laptop was starting sleep mode, the wifi of the network will be turned off.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My laptop was starting sleep mode, the wifi of the network will be turned off.: I want the laptop was starting sleep mode, the wifi on the network doesn't turn off keeps working. I went to try a search and use a lot of solutions, but these solutions can't solve the problem. Does anyone people have a solution? Thank you....
  6. Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my laptop turn off if it is in sleep mode for a while?: This is a really big problem. After a while in sleep mode, my laptop shuts down. How can I disable this? It’s really annoying. I has Windows 1909 update....
  7. Why does Laptop do a hard shut-off on sleep mode?

Why does Laptop do a hard shut-off on sleep mode?: This started about a month ago on my Acer E5-576G Aspire laptop with Windows 10 Home 64 bit. Two SSD drives, 16GB ram. All drivers, including Nvidia GeForce and Intel drivers are up to date. Windows 10 updates and the system BIOS are also up to date. When sleep mode is...
  8. Sleep mode turn off my keyboard

Sleep mode turn off my keyboard: When my pc has been in sleep/hibernate for a couple of hours i can press my keyboard to wake up but when it comes to the login screen the keyboard turns off and i have to unplug and replug for it to work again?...
  9. Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode

Laptop does not turn on the screen after sleep mode: Hi, my name is Andres Morales, and I have a laptop of MSI called GL62M 7REX. Which have an Intel I5 of 7th generation, Nvidia GTX1050 TI,... Two days ago I install a new SDD because the laptop only had an HDD of 1TB, and I decided to buy an chinese SSD of 120 GB. Then I...
  10. System turns off at night while in sleep mode

System turns off at night while in sleep mode: I updated to W10 and have had no problems and this one really isn't a big deal but it's got my OCD going. I have sleep set after 25 minutes and that seems to work fine. It comes out of sleep pretty well too. But, it seems that ovenight, the system shuts down on it's own....