Windows 10: Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

Discus and support Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Preface: My n key is double-typing for some reason. I'm doing my best to correct it, but if you see any words with extra ns please disregard them.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chihuahuassuck, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

Preface: My n key is double-typing for some reason. I'm doing my best to correct it, but if you see any words with extra ns please disregard them.

#System Info

I have a Dell G5 SE running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041.

Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard and Logitech G602 mouse. I have a couple flash drives plugged in through a USB hub and an external monitor connected via HDMI.

#Issue Description

When I put the laptop to sleep, it'll immediately wake up again and then time out after a few seconds. Every 15 minutes or so it will again wake up and then time out after a few seconds. This is the output from event viewer:

The system is exiting connected standby

Reason: Input Mouse.

I have run powercfg -lastwake in cmd and it always returns Wake History Count - 0

#Troubleshooting

In Device Manager I've unchecked "allow this device to wake the computer" for all mice. I've also unplugged all of my devices (except the monitor) and it still wakes up, and it still gives "mouse input" as the reason.

I've disabled wake timers. However, when I run powercfg -waketimers in cmd it returns

Timer set by [PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume3\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.StartMenuExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\StartMenuExperienceHost.exe expires at 9:48:05 PM on .

As this timer doesn't actually give any date to expire, I don't think it's an issue, but it does strike me as odd.

Scheduled maintenance is not allowed to wake up my computer, so that's not the issue.

submitted by /u/chihuahuassuck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chihuahuassuck, Jan 31, 2021

2. Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

Hi oslyMC, I am Dexter, an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

Refer to my experiences, maybe there are still some of your I/O devices wake up it occasionally.

I suggest you unplug your external mouse/keyboard before you make your laptop to sleep mode and see if it can still wake up randomly by itself.

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and let me know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's resolved.

Dexter Lien, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Chadi Win User
    ASUS Laptop Won't Wake from Sleep Mode

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363
    System Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    System Model UX490UAR
    System Type x64-based PC
    SMBIOS Version 3.0

Problem: about 80% of the time, my laptop won't wake up from sleep mode via keyboard press or mouse move/click. I seem to be missing many common features in power plan too, even after fresh Windows 10 install.

Troubleshooting Steps:

1. Reinstalled Windows 10 (clean)
    2. Updated all drivers
    3. Replicated on multiple Windows 10 versions, updates
    4. BIOS latest version
    5. No USB devices attached, ever. Only USB-C power and bluetooth mouse
    6. Disabled "fast startup" in control panel

Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly? [​IMG]

Chadi, Jan 31, 2021
  4. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

1. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly? - Similar Threads - Why does laptop

2. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  3. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?: I've been having the issue with my PC where it won't wake from sleep. I press a key on the keyboard or wiggle the mouse and it seems to wake up since the light on my external hard drive comes on apart from the display is black. The only way to get it to properly wake up is a...
  4. Why does my PC refuse to wake from sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  6. So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: So I am not sure if this is the right sub to ask this but help would be appreciated. So my laptop randomly wakes up from sleep, and it’s not like the screen is on or anything, it’s just running and fans are on and stuff. When I actually try to press power button to see if...
  7. Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop randomly wakes from sleep - DELL: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  8. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  9. Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell laptop randomly wakes up from sleep: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  10. Help! Windows randomly does not wake from sleep.

in Windows 10 Support
    Help! Windows randomly does not wake from sleep.: Hi, Randomly, my PC will not wake after I have put it into sleep mode. When that happens, I am unable to shut it down other than with the power button. I have no idea what to do. Please advise! 114197