Windows 10: Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer?

Discus and support Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I have a Lenovo PC running Windows 11 and I have noticed that sometimes if I have some USB devices for example an external hard drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by James Griffith1, Dec 16, 2023.

1. Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer?

Hi everyone,I have a Lenovo PC running Windows 11 and I have noticed that sometimes if I have some USB devices for example an external hard drive and other items that my computer will not boot up and the screen stays black.I contacted Lenovo support about this and they said that its because I have these USB devices plugged in that my computer will not boot up. They told me that I had to unplug the computer from the mains and then press the power button to drain any power from the on/off button at the back of the computer.But I would like to know why this is happening in the first place? It has

:)

James Griffith1, Dec 16, 2023
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Lenovo USB-C 3.0 Hub with Realtek GB Ethernet. Code 45, “the hardware device is not connected tothe computer.”

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it can be when the devices and drivers does not work. This error occurs if a device that was previously connected to the computer is no longer connected.

• What is the current version of Windows 10 running on your computer?

• Could you please try using the Lenovo USB-C 3.0 Hub on a different computer and check if you are able to use it?

• Please try connecting the Lenovo USB-C 3.0 Hub to a different port on the computer and check with the result.

• As you had mentioned that, you have removed and reinstalled drivers. Did you delete the driver package completely?
    • Was there any updates installed or changes on the computer?

If you have not checked the box and deleted the driver package completely, please follow these steps to delete the driver package completely from the computer.

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand Network adaptors.
    4. Right click on Realtek USB GbE Family Controller
      and select uninstall.
    5. You will receive a prompt; make sure you check the box for
      Delete the driver software.
    6. After uninstalling the driver, re-install the driver and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Noor_Azam, Dec 16, 2023
  3. No Boot/Post when usb device is connected

I finally got my board back from RMA. They said they had to flash the BIOS to the latest one. I'm not sure how they did it. Most likely they changed the BIOS chip.

My problem now is a few days after plugging the FX-8320, the PC wont post or boot when a USB device is connected even a mouse. I've tried turning off any Legacy USB support. I also made sure that the the boot priority is the HDD and no other devices are selected.

BTW, I can't see anything when it posts as my display, for some sort of reason won't show the POSTS screen.

I'm stumped. Again... *Bang Head :banghead:

Thank you.

toilet pepper, Dec 16, 2023
  4. Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer?

Some USB Devices not recognized in Windows 10

Hi have Windows 10 Pro insider preview 10532 64bit Pro Intel i7 desktop PC.

I have multiple USB devices connected, USB 3 & 2. The USB HDD is working however my Samsung phone and kindle are no longer being recognized. The steps followed so far:

• Uninstalled all USB devices in device manager including controllers
    • Flashed BIOS to latest version
    • Updated USB drivers for the devices from manufacturers sites
    • Tried new USB cables

Please note: both devices are recognized by my Windows 10 Lenovo laptop.

I really don't want to fresh install, please suggest any diagnostics I can try.

Thanks

TonyHallett, Dec 16, 2023
Thema:

Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer?

1. Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer? - Similar Threads - Why does Lenovo

2. Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...: "I am attempting to transfer PDF files from my Windows 11 computer to my Kindle. However, I've noticed that my Kindle, while still charging, does not appear to be sharing its data with the computer. I've tried the same process on a Windows 10 computer and it worked...
  3. Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...: "I am attempting to transfer PDF files from my Windows 11 computer to my Kindle. However, I've noticed that my Kindle, while still charging, does not appear to be sharing its data with the computer. I've tried the same process on a Windows 10 computer and it worked...
  4. Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Lenovo PC refuse to boot up when I have USB devices connected to the computer?: Hi everyone,I have a Lenovo PC running Windows 11 and I have noticed that sometimes if I have some USB devices for example an external hard drive and other items that my computer will not boot up and the screen stays black.I contacted Lenovo support about this and they said...
  5. Computer refusing to boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  6. Computer refusing to boot up

Computer refusing to boot up: I'm not exactly the most technological person, so I have no idea what I'm doing right now. Something on my computer popped up and said that I needed a hard drive update, so I updated it, and now my computer is absolutely refusing to boot up. I tried resetting it, choosing...
  7. My Computer does not support and connect any USB device i have

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer does not support and connect any USB device i have: This is an issue that I have never experienced before, apparently today all of the sudden, when I connected one of my hard drives to my computer that runs Windows 11, it does not open up any files on the hard drive. The drive that I have connected does not show up on disk...
  8. My Computer does not support and connect any USB device i have

My Computer does not support and connect any USB device i have: This is an issue that I have never experienced before, apparently today all of the sudden, when I connected one of my hard drives to my computer that runs Windows 11, it does not open up any files on the hard drive. The drive that I have connected does not show up on disk...
  9. Why does my PC Freeze when booting to Windows USB?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my PC Freeze when booting to Windows USB?: So, I am trying to install a fresh clean copy of Windows. I just created the Media Tool on a 16GB USB Drive. It just freezes at the Republic of Gamers logo. 145776
  10. Computer refuses to boot up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer refuses to boot up: Last night I was working on homework whenever my HP laptop decided it needed to restart itself out of the blue. When it restarted and tried to updat, the update failed and then it stuck me in the automatic repair loop. I HAVE to get my work done before Tuesday or I’ll drop a...