Windows 10: Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

Discus and support Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So, I've been wrestling with this for days now. I've tried every solution I could find, but nothing seems to work. All I want to do is force a specific... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ghinn, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Ghinn Win User

Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

So, I've been wrestling with this for days now. I've tried every solution I could find, but nothing seems to work. All I want to do is force a specific lock screen image. -I've set it in personalization, and my chosen image is shown.-I've set it in the registry.-I've made sure the group policy is set correctly.-I've taken ownership of the image it keeps changing to the beach picture and moved it into a different folder and replaced it with my image.-I've disabled Windows Spotlight via gp editor.And yet, almost every single time, that unwanted beach image shows up when I turn on my computer.

:)

Ghinn, Dec 8, 2022

2. Lock Screen image reverting to the default automatically.

I am using an Asus ROG laptop, and ever since the update that came out before the one that got released last month, I am facing this problem.

Every time I change the lock screen image, it appears fine if I log off my user or sleep the laptop. But if I do a restart or a shutdown and then power on, the lock screen reverts to the original
    default one.

This happens even in normal restarts.

KarthikPadmakumar, Dec 8, 2022
  3. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

1. Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default? - Similar Threads - Why does lock

2. My lock screen keeps reverting to a default Microsoft image on Windows 11 when I sign out....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My lock screen keeps reverting to a default Microsoft image on Windows 11 when I sign out....: My lock screen image keeps reverting to a default windows image when signing out a blue swirly wallpaper. This only happens when signing out; when I lock and unlock my pc my chosen lock screen image works properly. Whenever I restart my pc or sign out is the time I see this...
  3. My lock screen keeps reverting to a default Microsoft image on Windows 11 when I sign out....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My lock screen keeps reverting to a default Microsoft image on Windows 11 when I sign out....: My lock screen image keeps reverting to a default windows image when signing out a blue swirly wallpaper. This only happens when signing out; when I lock and unlock my pc my chosen lock screen image works properly. Whenever I restart my pc or sign out is the time I see this...
  4. Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?: So, I've been wrestling with this for days now. I've tried every solution I could find, but nothing seems to work. All I want to do is force a specific lock screen image. -I've set it in personalization, and my chosen image is shown.-I've set it in the registry.-I've made...
  5. Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my lock screen image keep reverting back to default?: So, I've been wrestling with this for days now. I've tried every solution I could find, but nothing seems to work. All I want to do is force a specific lock screen image. -I've set it in personalization, and my chosen image is shown.-I've set it in the registry.-I've made...
  6. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Gaming
    revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  7. revert images back to original

revert images back to original: hi, Long time back, I cropped an image on windows 7 pc. after some time I shifted to windows 10 on that same pc and now I want the original photo back without any cropping but I can't find a wayI have the cropped image on my pc. I also tried revert back to original option but...
  8. revert images back to original

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Changing the Default Lock Screen Image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing the Default Lock Screen Image: I looked into changing the default lock screen image that's shown after a restart, not the one you might choose like Windows Spotlight. Here's the normal default: [img] Supposedly you can do that by changing a registry setting:...
  10. Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?

Why Does my Default App Revert Back to MS Default?: I changed my .pdf default to PDFComplete, and it reverts back to IE often. My guess is it happens every time MS does an update to my Win10 Pro (v 1803 Build 17134.706). Any thoughts on how to prevent this in the future? Running on HP Compaq Pro 6300 SFF 131330