Windows 10: Why does my machine say "not responding"?

Discus and support Why does my machine say "not responding"? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I'm on google browser, and I am looking at something, often times my laptop says "not responding" and it just stops working. Also I have seen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Joanie_2019, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Why does my machine say "not responding"?

When I'm on google browser, and I am looking at something, often times my laptop says "not responding" and it just stops working. Also I have seen "preparing security issues". Seems like am awful lot of updates.

Either way it is annoying.

:)

Joanie_2019, Dec 27, 2018
  2. thompa Win User

Update 1803 failed - leaves machine unusable

Thanks again for trying to help, but could I suggest that asking for pictures of every step you ask to be taken and then responding by saying there are too many to go through, is just going to cause frustration.
    Better to say that you don't know how to fix a problem than lead someone on a wild goose chase.

thompa, Dec 27, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Why does my machine say "not responding"? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 27, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Why does my machine say "not responding"?

This PC's processor doesn't support a critical feature (NX)."

So why did you say upgrade to windows 10 32 bit then clean install 64bit unless you determined that after you posted?

I was just responding to your statement!

cereberus, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Why does my machine say "not responding"?

1. Why does my machine say "not responding"? - Similar Threads - Why does machine

2. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop takes time to respond?: Hello,Could anyone please help me understand why sometimes my laptop takes too long to respond? I thought it was because i had updates to make so I did them all but even thought sometimes it still takes alot to make a task open chrome or something.. I opened task manager and...
  3. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my laptop takes time to respond?: Hello,Could anyone please help me understand why sometimes my laptop takes too long to respond? I thought it was because i had updates to make so I did them all but even thought sometimes it still takes alot to make a task open chrome or something.. I opened task manager and...
  4. Why does my laptop takes time to respond?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why does my file explorer not working when i start it. It says not responding. It works in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my file explorer not working when i start it. It says not responding. It works in...: why does my file explorer not working when i start it. It says not responding. It works in safe mode. This happend after i updated it on August 9th....
  6. why does my file explorer not working when i start it. It says not responding. It works in...

why does my file explorer not working when i start it. It says not responding. It works in...: why does my file explorer not working when i start it. It says not responding. It works in safe mode. This happend after i updated it on August 9th....
  7. Why does microsoft always say, "Microsoft not responding."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does microsoft always say, "Microsoft not responding.": Microsoft not responing all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-always-say-microsoft-not/a15e930e-9e18-47fc-953a-25a24c45527c
  8. Why does microsoft always say, "Microsoft not responding."

Why does microsoft always say, "Microsoft not responding.": Microsoft not responing all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-microsoft-always-say-microsoft-not/a15e930e-9e18-47fc-953a-25a24c45527c
  9. Why does microsoft always say, "Microsoft not responding."

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. why does cortana not respond to my voice

in Cortana
    why does cortana not respond to my voice: cortana does not speaK to me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-cortana-not-respond-to-my-voice/3567bcfc-062a-4deb-a2b9-097d7b8b06d3"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my game say not responding sometim es