Windows 10: Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...

Discus and support Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I use Task Manager to see how much memory is being used, it says 76% memory. I have 8GB of ram. However when I add up all the memory being used by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by desbest, Oct 6, 2020.

1. desbest Win User

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...

When I use Task Manager to see how much memory is being used, it says 76% memory. I have 8GB of ram. However when I add up all the memory being used by all the different processes, it doesn't add up to 8GB.

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being... e38e532e-7780-4cce-921f-fb17472db01b?upload=true.gif

As seen in the gif above, the memory usage shown by each program in Task Manager does not add up to 6GB of the memory I have out of 8GB. If around 75% of memory is used, then the memory usage of all the processes, should add up to 6GB, right?

What is going on and how do I fix it?

:)

desbest, Oct 6, 2020

2. Unexplained High Memory Usage

The biggest memory user is not shown on this task manager screen. Please order the application list by memory usage.

On this screen click to "Memory".

Szőgyényi Gábor, Oct 6, 2020
  3. mdhillyer Win User
    Task manager not showing complete memory usage?

Hi, I have 4GB of DDR3 ram on my laptop. When I go into the task manager to check how much ram is being used, it says only 795MB and yet it also says that 94% is being used.

This is always the case, of course with varying numbers. The memory usage shown does not coordinate with the percentage, but the computer performance certainly correlates with the percentage.

When I check in cpu-z, it does confirm that the 4GB are all installed. What is going on here?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Updated with pics:

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being... [​IMG]

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being... [​IMG]

Update #2:
    Ah, I missed the performance tab which does indeed show all of the correct total amount of ram being used. Now how do I find all of the individual processes and services using those resources?

mdhillyer, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...

Unexplained High Memory Usage

Maybe the percent calculation of the task manager has problem. At first, set the memory usages from values to percentage. In my example this is a hungarian Windows, I hope this is at the same place in english version of windows 10:

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being... b2ad2263-5384-4c50-9d61-c4ce49647cc2.jpg

What shows your task manager if set the memory usage to percentage?

If the percent values seems correct, we need the full list of your running applications.

Szőgyényi Gábor, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being...

1. Why does my memory usage have high percentage in task manager but the memory shown being... - Similar Threads - Why does memory

2. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  3. Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Memory Management - High Memory Usage: Hi . It is normal for windows to use 11 Go on 16 Go of RAM without any intensive softwares running ? Only background processes from hardware softwares like Creative SoundBlaster and Intel Rapid Stockage Technology Enterprise. And explorer.exe is taking progressively more ram...
  4. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High memory usage when closed Task manager.: Dear Microsoft team, I want to report about Windows Ram problem that my Pc is facing.I have 8 Gb of Ram installed in My Pc and Core 2 Quad Processor. Earlier it's normal Ram Consumption was around 23 to 24% but recently It has started acting weird, When I turn on my Pc, it's...
  5. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    High memory usage when closed Task manager.: Dear Microsoft team, I want to report about Windows Ram problem that my Pc is facing.I have 8 Gb of Ram installed in My Pc and Core 2 Quad Processor. Earlier it's normal Ram Consumption was around 23 to 24% but recently It has started acting weird, When I turn on my Pc, it's...
  6. High memory usage when closed Task manager.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. High Memory Usage, but in Task Manager it Doesn't Show the Memory Hogging Apps

High Memory Usage, but in Task Manager it Doesn't Show the Memory Hogging Apps: Environment: Windows 10 20H2 64bit Intel Core i5-8250U Nvidia MX150 8 GB RAMIf I use my laptop for memory intesive apps like minecraft for example, it will suffer. But if i use my laptop for normal things it will perform the sameHere is the process tab on task manager I also...
  8. High Memory Usage Percentage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    High Memory Usage Percentage: [ATTACH] I got 16gb of ram in my pc, but for some reason it uses close to 50% while not doing anything. Also all programs in task manager use less than 500mb. Does anyone know why this is the case?...
  9. why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager

why are my ram usage percentages so high in task manager: I have 8 GB of ram on my PC. So I'd expect my ram usage to be at 100 percent when I'm around 8 GB in usage. But whenever I'm checking task manager, I'll have a couple programs open only using about 500 to 600 MB of memory, and it says that I'm using 50 percent of it. Not sure...
  10. memory at high percentage /memory leak

memory at high percentage /memory leak: Recently my pc has been stuck at 45-80% memory,this has stopped me from being able to play games etc.. I have tried everything till i got to the point of resetting my whole pc with a fresh start and stil... no fix. I have been looking for a solution for days now yet...