Windows 10: Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?

Discus and support Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I've noticed that around two weeks ago, my headphone microphone started to pick up a loud buzzing noise, and the microphone has become much more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JLam_125, Feb 9, 2022.

1. JLam_125 Win User

Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?

Hello, I've noticed that around two weeks ago, my headphone microphone started to pick up a loud buzzing noise, and the microphone has become much more sensitive than usual. However, when I plug the headset into another laptop, the microphone works normally, and there is no buzzing sound. I've also tried using wireless headphones on the laptop where the issue occurs, and the buzzing sound also appears on the wireless headphone.I've also noticed that when I record myself, my voice sounds quieter compared to before the buzzing noise started.Does anyone know why this issue is occurring or how to

:)

JLam_125, Feb 9, 2022
  2. Matias Win User

Loud buzzing noise through microphone

Whenever I have my microphone plugged in, it makes this noise:
    Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

While it is possible to hear my voice if I talk, it's almost impossible due to the noise.
    It's not my headset that's the problem (I've tried it on other devices with no issues), but it's an attitude one Tunguska 2.0.
    The microphone still somehow picks up some noise even when it's unplugged.
    The noise sounds like whenever you give a speaker power and then touch the jackstick(?), so I'm guessing it's a faulty soundcard somehow, but I may be wrong. I also have to re-plug my headset on every startup. I'm using the free version of Driver Booster by IObit, so it shouldn't be due to an outdated driver.

Thanks for any help in advance, just ask if there's any information you need.

EDIT

If I unplug the microphone jack and go into controlpanel>sound and open the properties of the microphone and turn on the "listen to this device" it still makes noise. It also doesn't disappear from the list of recording devices whenever I unplug it. It's a relatively recent problem, it just sort of happened. I'll try to find another microphone to test with.

EDIT

Well, while I don't have another microphone with a jack to test with, I did plug a ruined USB headset in, and there were no problems with the mic. It doesn't matter whether I plug my microphone in from the front or the back, as long as it's a jack it'll make noise. It also seems like the buzzing is something it lays on top/beneath any other mic input since my mic does pick up my voice, though it's very difficult to make out.

EDIT

There are times where the microphone simply doesn't register in controlpanel>sound.

EDIT

Well, I decided to open up my pc and see if I could figure something out, even with my meagre pc experience, and found that I don't have a sound card, but instead just the motherboard. My motherboard is a good, like, 5-6 years at this point, so I'll just be getting a new pc, since majority of my parts are just as old. Thanks for the help, I'm guessing it's the motherboard being faulty do to use.

Matias, Feb 9, 2022
  3. Heize Win User
    Computer randomly freezing with loud buzzing noise

Thank you for your help. I ran the tests you told me to. Could you help me read what these numbers mean and what the root cause could be?

Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise? [​IMG]

Heize, Feb 9, 2022
  4. Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?

Loud Buzzing Noise during Videos

I have a Lenovo Yoga 720

I recently purchased it a few months ago.

I have windows 10.

Lately I have discovered there is a very loud buzzing noise, sounds like an electrical current or laser that is ringing when I am in a video call.

I cannot hear this noise during the video call, but when I am on video calls I am told the buzzing is so loud the other person cannot hear what I am saying.

I have tried to record a video of myself speaking on my computer and replaying it and I am able to hear the noise once I replay it.

I have tried to change my headsets and I have tried with and without a headset and the noise is still there regardless.

What to do ?

Sofia00123, Feb 9, 2022
Thema:

Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?

1. Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise? - Similar Threads - Why does microphone

2. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  3. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone loud noises: Hi. Recently bought a HyperX quadcast S, it worked fine until it started doing a weird noise, almost earrape. So i sent it back and bought another one: same thing happened. I have proof here: https://clips.twitch.tv/AwkwardCrazyWaffleTwitchRPG-u2ntiedz9edWrNrc...
  4. Microphone loud noises

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound

Microphone Loud Buzzing Sound: I have a problem with the microphone. When I'm playing games on discord it works fine. But after an hour, suddenly my voice was not heard and there was only a thunderous buzzing sound and they won't stop. I've tried reinstalling Realtek drivers and it doesn't work.Please help...
  6. Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?: Hello, I've noticed that around two weeks ago, my headphone microphone started to pick up a loud buzzing noise, and the microphone has become much more sensitive than usual. However, when I plug the headset into another laptop, the microphone works normally, and there is no...
  7. Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my microphone pick up a loud buzzing noise?: Hello, I've noticed that around two weeks ago, my headphone microphone started to pick up a loud buzzing noise, and the microphone has become much more sensitive than usual. However, when I plug the headset into another laptop, the microphone works normally, and there is no...
  8. Microphone buzzing noise

Microphone buzzing noise: Hi there i have recently bough a pc and when i used a microphone for gaming it would always have a buzzing noise when there was not buzzing noise I was picking up from my surroundings I found out that it was a problem with windows 10 and it was working on older vesions of...
  9. Loud Buzzing Noise during Videos

Loud Buzzing Noise during Videos: I have a Lenovo Yoga 720 I recently purchased it a few months ago. I have windows 10. Lately I have discovered there is a very loud buzzing noise, sounds like an electrical current or laser that is ringing when I am in a video call. I cannot hear this noise during the...
  10. Loud buzzing noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Loud buzzing noise: Hello! I have a year-old Lenovo G500 laptop, and recently it started doing this loud, buzzing sound quite often, even when there's only one program opened. I checked CPU and disk usage the first few times it happened, but they're fairly low. I'm not really tech-savvy, so...