Windows 10: Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop?

Discus and support Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I'm trying to fix a windows activation error because windows is telling me my account is not activated, so I went to manage my account and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LukeGemmill, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop?

Hello,

I'm trying to fix a windows activation error because windows is telling me my account is not activated, so I went to manage my account and I see many of the exact same device. I think this issue might be caused from me booting a linux distro off of a USB as this never happened before then. I'm curious why this is considered a hardware change? Until I figure out why it's doing this I can't get windows officially activated. Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop? 30bc40de-667e-4d45-a385-cb5b8a2aea52?upload=true.png

:)

LukeGemmill, Sep 23, 2020
  2. Addie Win User

Cannot link/add my Microsoft Account to Local Account

Hello Ken,

Im using Win10 Build 1607 with all latest update.

I also run all related troubleshooters:
    • Windows Update
    • Store Apps (says i have to login in my microsoft account but thats the problem, i can't)
    • Microsoft Accounts

No Problem found. Also the suggestions from Microsoft didnt helped.

Addie, Sep 23, 2020
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Vesao Win User

Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop?

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop?

1. Why does my microsoft account say there are over 20 of my desktop? - Similar Threads - Why does microsoft

2. I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I never deleted my account for Microsoft, but it says that it does not exist.: I have been using it regularly and I had Minecraft connected to it I migrated this year. I do not know if my account was terminated or what. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-never-deleted-my-account-for-microsoft-but-it/b199458c-2873-415a-b3af-498459f1820a
  3. My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...: Wheb trying to verify my Microsoft account on my windows 11 laptop either on the accout tab or to turn of S mode the pop up will say "this account doesn't exist, make a new one?" Upon clicking the link to make a new one, the page then says after automatically inputing the...
  4. My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My new laptop will not verify my Microsoft account saying that it does not exist but then...: Wheb trying to verify my Microsoft account on my windows 11 laptop either on the accout tab or to turn of S mode the pop up will say "this account doesn't exist, make a new one?" Upon clicking the link to make a new one, the page then says after automatically inputing the...
  5. Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?: To clarify before we begin, I am able to log into my Microsoft account on my browser Opera GX. That's how I can write this question. However on other services such as Microsoft Settings I can't log in. I believe it is to do with my Gmail. Which I have two. I will name these...
  6. Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Microsoft say my account doesn't exist?: To clarify before we begin, I am able to log into my Microsoft account on my browser Opera GX. That's how I can write this question. However on other services such as Microsoft Settings I can't log in. I believe it is to do with my Gmail. Which I have two. I will name these...
  7. Why does my Microsoft Store say Add work or school account.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does my Microsoft Store say Add work or school account.: I was trying to remove my "Activate Windows 10" thing so I followed this tutorial "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8bc_SGyLAI&t=313s"and now its showing me this! "Add work or school account" on my Microsoft Store! Idk how to fix this....
  8. Why does linking my license with my Microsoft account not work?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does linking my license with my Microsoft account not work?: When I first got windows 10, it was on a disk. The first time I upgraded my motherboard, I had an issue with activating windows since newer motherboards don't really support disk drives. I was able to show Microsoft support that I had the disk and they were able to re...
  9. Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why cant I sign in to my Microsoft Account on my desktop ?: Windows 10, with latest updates on a 32 bit desktop. Anything that tries to display the 'Microsoft Account' window displays a dark window titled 'Microsoft Account' briefly then closes it: 'Accounts/Info/Sign in with a Microsoft Account instead' fails 'Accounts/Family/Sign...
  10. Why does my machine say "not responding"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my machine say "not responding"?: When I'm on google browser, and I am looking at something, often times my laptop says "not responding" and it just stops working. Also I have seen "preparing security issues". Seems like am awful lot of updates. Either way it is annoying....