Windows 10: Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on...

Discus and support Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why does my Microsoft account show a Windows 10 version 2009 see screenshot: [ATTACH] and my laptop settings shows Windows 10 version 20H2 see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GinZona, Mar 28, 2021.

1. GinZona Win User

Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on...

Why does my Microsoft account show a Windows 10 version 2009 see screenshot:

Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on... fe63a815-2e54-43ea-8a91-1070fdd18735?upload=true.png

and my laptop settings shows Windows 10 version 20H2 see screenshot:

Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on... 2864ab94-77a7-40ab-b92a-3944a50fd830?upload=true.png

Shouldn't they both show the same version? So which one is the correct version?

Thank you!

:)

GinZona, Mar 28, 2021
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

you don't have to use a Microsoft account....
    I know I'm not.

Scrizz, Mar 28, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Zakin Win User

Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on...

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on... :(

Zakin, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Why does my Microsoft account show a different version of Windows 10 than the settings on... - Similar Threads - Why does Microsoft

2. Why does my Explorer look and act different in the same version of windows on two different...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Explorer look and act different in the same version of windows on two different...: I have two computers running the same version of windows 11. On computer A the explorer looks like this. On computer B the explorer looks like thisThe difference is suttle but on computer A the path is below the tool bar and there is no Preview button and on Computer B the...
  3. Why does my Explorer look and act different in the same version of windows on two different...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Explorer look and act different in the same version of windows on two different...: I have two computers running the same version of windows 11. On computer A the explorer looks like this. On computer B the explorer looks like thisThe difference is suttle but on computer A the path is below the tool bar and there is no Preview button and on Computer B the...
  4. why is my name on microsoft answers different than it is on other microsoft services?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my name on microsoft answers different than it is on other microsoft services?: My name shows as some gibberish rather than the name on my account. I've changed my password and secured my account because i thought someone may have gotten into my account but that doesnt seem to be the case...
  5. Account on Settings page is different than the one in Your info in Accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Account on Settings page is different than the one in Your info in Accounts: Are they supposed to be like this? The reason I am worried is that I don't know if I'm the administrator of my computer or not. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-on-settings-page-is-different-than-the-one/131c476a-e713-4952-95c7-505e3734edfd
  6. Showing different name on my Microsoft Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Showing different name on my Microsoft Account: Hi, I’ve installed Microsoft Visual Studio on my laptop and to my surprise upon signing in, it is showing a different name Patrica Marie Jose Maderazo - a name I haven’t heard before. I tried changing it earlier but when I logged in again after 2 hrs in microsoft to verify,...
  7. Windows versions show differently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows versions show differently: The desktop shows 1903 via a registry edit while the other shows 1909 in settings/system/about.....shouldn't the registry show the 1909 and display it instead of the 1903?...
  8. Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?: Hello, I was going to buy a game called "Minecraft dungeons hero edition" in Minecraft website it says 30$ and when I go to microsoft store with USA region it says 30$ like the site cool, but when I change the region to my country Egypt it says 265 EGP [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  9. Why does Storage Spaces show a different used capacity than Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does Storage Spaces show a different used capacity than Explorer?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Clinqk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e45ft8/why_does_storage_spaces_show_a_different_used/
  10. Why does my router have a different country code than US ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does my router have a different country code than US ?: My network diagnostic report showed other networks in the area with US country code, but my router has a XO country code. Why?...