Windows 10: Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine

Discus and support Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time i get on netflix, my monitor will randomly go black, but the video is still playing because i can hear the audio. I have no control of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Savannah069, May 2, 2020.

1. Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine

Every time i get on netflix, my monitor will randomly go black, but the video is still playing because i can hear the audio. I have no control of my keyboard or mouse and i cant see anything. the only way ive been fixing this is by manually shutting down the computer and turning it back on, but once i re-open the app/website, it happens all over again!

:)

Savannah069, May 2, 2020

2. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 2, 2020
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, May 2, 2020
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine

Audio output issue - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

• What is the make and model of the computer?

I suggest you to try the troubleshooting steps listed in the articles listed below:

If you’re facing sound issues on Envy 24 monitor speakers, you may try the steps listed in
    HP Flat Panel Monitors - Troubleshooting Sound Problems with Monitor Speakers

If the issue persists, you may update the chipset drivers for your PC and check if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine

1. Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine - Similar Threads - Why does monitor

2. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  3. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  4. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?: Everytime i connect my external monitor to my laptop by usb my laptop screen goes black and my external monitor freezes. When I disconnect it and reconnect it my laptop stays on a black screen and my external screen too.To fix it ive been shutting down my computer and...
  6. Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?

Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?: Everytime i connect my external monitor to my laptop by usb my laptop screen goes black and my external monitor freezes. When I disconnect it and reconnect it my laptop stays on a black screen and my external screen too.To fix it ive been shutting down my computer and...
  7. Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Why does my monitor go black at start up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my monitor go black at start up?: When i turn on my pc, it starts but the screen goes black, why does the screen go black...the screen is fine in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-monitor-go-black-at-start-up/ea503680-79b1-4501-96cc-9c8dde8587ce
  9. Why does my monitor go black at start up?

Why does my monitor go black at start up?: When i turn on my pc, it starts but the screen goes black, why does the screen go black...the screen is fine in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-monitor-go-black-at-start-up/ea503680-79b1-4501-96cc-9c8dde8587ce
  10. Why does my monitor go black at start up?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging