Windows 10: Why does my mouse get jittery?

Discus and support Why does my mouse get jittery? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This issue has been plaguing me for awhile and I'm not sure how to resolve it. Every so often, my mouse goes from smooth to jittery. It doesn't seem to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/biggie101, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Why does my mouse get jittery?

This issue has been plaguing me for awhile and I'm not sure how to resolve it. Every so often, my mouse goes from smooth to jittery. It doesn't seem to matter what I have open on my computer- whether video editing, or playing a game on the browser. It'll just start randomly and then disappear after a few minutes.

here's what I've tried:

• I've replaced my mouse with a brand new Microsoft one a few months back (old mouse had the same issue)
    • Drivers are up to date
    • Windows is up to date (version 2004, build 19041.867)
    • I've changed the USB port for the mouse dongle (wireless mouse)

Nothing seems to permanently fix the problem and I can't seem to figure out what is triggering it.

submitted by /u/biggie101
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/biggie101, Apr 8, 2021
  2. Jeff5yq Win User

mouse pointer jittery

my cursor and mouse pointer are jittery and my swipe from right is not working. I have windows 10 and do not have hp simplepass as far as I know. I have made no changes or loaded any new software. Also touchscreen not working in all cases like touching
    the upper right X to close will only work with mouse. At first the flickering mouse also had the loading circle beside it but not showing after a while.

Jeff5yq, Apr 8, 2021
  3. MMDG18 Win User
    Mouse lagging/jittery after Windows 10 October Update

Will the re-release/update of the Windows 10 October update fix the Mouse lag/jittery problems?

MMDG18, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Edwin Win User

Why does my mouse get jittery?

Mouse hover inconsistent

Detail or List view is okay, if all the attributes/metadata is present.
    the only thing I find annoying is that, even with 'Smooth Scrolling' enabled, the list is so jittery while scrolling!

I'm more adept at immediate visual identification...

Why does my mouse get jittery? [​IMG]

Edwin, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Why does my mouse get jittery?

1. Why does my mouse get jittery? - Similar Threads - Why does mouse

2. Mouse Jittery - driving me mad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Jittery - driving me mad: I'm not sure what is going on but in the last few days my mouse has been really jittery and it is driving me mad.Any ideas how I can fix this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jittery-driving-me-mad/a6773101-b066-41d9-9091-5cf24f04defc
  3. Mouse Jittery - driving me mad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Jittery - driving me mad: I'm not sure what is going on but in the last few days my mouse has been really jittery and it is driving me mad.Any ideas how I can fix this?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-jittery-driving-me-mad/a6773101-b066-41d9-9091-5cf24f04defc
  4. Mouse Jittery - driving me mad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: * Previous thread: Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozenThis is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert...
  6. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: This is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it...
  7. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery [REDUX}: This is the original post on Dec 22, 2022:New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it...
  8. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...
  9. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen: New build PC. Mouse will occasionally freeze and is jittery while frozen. Switching to a different mouse has no affect. I use a Kensington Expert wireless trackball but I have tried removing it and it's associated software. Removed it from Device manager. It still happens...
  10. Mouse cursor intermittently freezes and is jittery when frozen