Windows 10: Why does my mouse pointer do this in short bursts with no processes running?

Discus and support Why does my mouse pointer do this in short bursts with no processes running? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/_lucass [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_lucass, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Why does my mouse pointer do this in short bursts with no processes running?

/u/_lucass, Dec 21, 2020

2. Mouse Pointer

Hi,

You can customize your mouse in a variety of ways in Windows. To change how your mouse pointer looks, you can follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu, then click Control Panel.
    • Select Mouse, then go to the Pointers tab.
    • Select the pointer you prefer from the drop-down list, click
      Apply > OK.

If you want to use a pointer that is not on the list, you can download it online. After that, go to Control Panel > Mouse > Pointers tab again, then click
    Browse.

Update us if it addressed your issue.

Angela Pun, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Mouse pointer gone

Very concerning indeed. As a first step I would want to know how you are magnifying your mouse pointer. I assume you are going to Settings, Ease of Access, Mouse, and from there you are changing the pointer size.

I followed these steps and I was able to make my mouse pointer larger. So I know it works for some PCs. Just not yours.

Normally I suggest updated mouse drivers but in your case you already tried a different mouse so I would go in a different direction to troubleshoot your issue. First I would clean boot your PC. See if that step resolves your issue.

Clean boot your PC

How to perform a clean boot in Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: The steps apply for Windows 10 as well.

The goal of this step is to see if some other software is running on your PC that conflicts with your mouse. If this step resolves the issue the goal is to try to find the software that is conflicting and disable it, remove it, or update it so it no longer
    conflicts. Don't forget to reverse the steps of the clean boot when you are done trying this step.

Jesse Kopavi MSFT, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Why does my mouse pointer do this in short bursts with no processes running?

Mouse Pointer almost invisible when pressed Win + G in games.

Hi Isaquede,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your mouse pointer, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes/updates made on your device?
    • When did the issue begin?
    • Is it happening in all your activities?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?

In the meantime, we suggest that check these article: Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    & How to troubleshoot mouse pointer display issues in Microsoft games, and follow
    the troubleshooting steps to resolve your mouse pointer issue.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Why does my mouse pointer do this in short bursts with no processes running?

1. Why does my mouse pointer do this in short bursts with no processes running? - Similar Threads - Why does mouse

2. Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?: So every now and then, my mouse pointer has the zoomies and starts moving around erratically all over the screen. And the issue isn't from my wireless mouse because it still happens when I disconnect it, it's actually from my touchpad.And it's awful because I can't work with...
  3. Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse pointer move erratically?: So every now and then, my mouse pointer has the zoomies and starts moving around erratically all over the screen. And the issue isn't from my wireless mouse because it still happens when I disconnect it, it's actually from my touchpad.And it's awful because I can't work with...
  4. Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?: I use the touchpad of my laptop to navigate the cursor. Suddenly since few days, the mouse pointer has been acting weirdly, the mouse pointer shakes up and down sometimes. This happens even if I just touch, and my finger is still. I need help......
  5. Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does mouse pointer shake on touching?: I use the touchpad of my laptop to navigate the cursor. Suddenly since few days, the mouse pointer has been acting weirdly, the mouse pointer shakes up and down sometimes. This happens even if I just touch, and my finger is still. I need help......
  6. mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse pointer: I was changing my mouse pointer color and now there is this irritating blue square floating around on the screen. How do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/33a2163f-e214-4004-bcff-3013b2638f93
  7. Mouse pointer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer: The pointer is fixed in the middle of the screen,touchpad/left & right buttons not working. Can anybody help please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-pointer/0dfd6cfb-a9cb-450e-924e-8bc8745d590e
  8. MY MOUSE POINTER

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MY MOUSE POINTER: My mouse pointer is not visible. I used to update devices by click the device manager and then mice and pointer. After installing the pointer became visible and my computer experienced so slow process that I thought I need to restart it. After I restart, the mouse is not...
  9. My mouse pointer

My mouse pointer: when I hover over stuff with my mouse pointer it clicks it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-pointer/bf1a5762-ba57-4bc8-98ff-a5424f148ed7
  10. why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?

why do my custom mouse cursors/pointers keep resetting?: I have custom mouse cursors set that match the theme of my PC (black and red), but every time I turn my computer on they reset back to the default cursors, and when I go into the mouse settings to change them back, it says that I still have them set to my custom profile. is...