Windows 10: Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links

Discus and support Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 11 v23h2Since the last update, I have had problems with clicking links or sometimes folders. I have to click multiple, sometimes 5 or more,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by angelpie99, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links

Windows 11 v23h2Since the last update, I have had problems with clicking links or sometimes folders. I have to click multiple, sometimes 5 or more, times to access links and sometimes I can't access them at all. Sometimes I can access the links by opening in a new tab, but not always.I've tried everything I found online, but some of the instructions have items that do not exist on my version of Windows. Can you please help me? So far, everything I've done that I found online has only made it worse.

:)

angelpie99, Jun 11, 2024

2. Click Twice to open links, hit buttons, close tabs

Hi Mary,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing single click option after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know if this issue confined only with the accessing website on browsers (Which browser)?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

This problem may occur for the following reasons:

• You are inadvertently double-clicking instead of single-clicking.
    • The mouse settings have been modified, either manually or by another program, to send a multiple-click command when you perform a single physical click.
    • The mouse drivers are corrupted.
    • The mouse hardware is defective.

Step 1: I suggest you to restore the mouse buttons to default and check if it helps.

Follow:

• Click Start, point to Settings, and then click
      Control Panel.
    • Double-click Mouse.
    • On the Buttons tab, click Restore Defaults. If the problem impacts only a specific program, click the
      Settings button, choose that program, and then click Restore Defaults.

Note: If Restore Defaults is not available, all your button assignments are already set to default mode.
    • Click OK.

If you are using external mouse, try the below.

Step 2: Test the mouse on another computer or test a different mouse on the computer To determine whether the mouse or the computer is defective, follow these steps:

• Test the mouse in question on a system that you know is working. If the problem appears to follow the mouse, you may have to return or replace the mouse.
    • Test a mouse that you know is working on the computer in question. If the problem appears to remain on the computer, then the problem is most likely software-related.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information for further assistance on this issue. We will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 11, 2024
  3. Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

There's also a setting to INTENTIONALLY have items in Explorer open with one click. I gave it a try for kicks and never went back. It requires you to re-learn how you open much of anything, but once you've got it -- it makes things much faster.

The Pool Man, Jun 11, 2024
  4. Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links

Why are videos now opening with a single mouse click?

1. Press the Windows key, type mouse settings, and press Enter.
    2. In the Settings window, under Related settings, click the Additional mouse options link.
    3. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Buttons tab, if not already selected.
    4. On the Buttons tab, adjust the slider for the Double-click speed option, then press OK.

Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links [​IMG]

1. Test out the double-click speed adjustment to see if that helps resolve the double-clicking issue. Repeat the steps above, if needed, to adjust the setting again.

FreeBooter, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links

1. Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links - Similar Threads - Why does mouse

2. Why does Windows Update require multiple restarts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Update require multiple restarts?: Both my Windows 11 computers wanted to install updates today. The desktop required only the usual two restarts, but the laptop insisted on three. Why is more than one restart required after updating?I am basing this on the fact that when I right-click the Windows button to...
  3. Why does Windows Update require multiple restarts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Update require multiple restarts?: Both my Windows 11 computers wanted to install updates today. The desktop required only the usual two restarts, but the laptop insisted on three. Why is more than one restart required after updating?I am basing this on the fact that when I right-click the Windows button to...
  4. Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse require multiple clicks to access links: Windows 11 v23h2Since the last update, I have had problems with clicking links or sometimes folders. I have to click multiple, sometimes 5 or more, times to access links and sometimes I can't access them at all. Sometimes I can access the links by opening in a new tab, but...
  5. My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.: My mouse presumably after April 5th has suddenly required me to click at least four times max, I've tried disabling it and reenabling it, moving the USB into a different port, if you need to know what device I'm using, it is a Windows 11 HP Laptop with an Amazon basics mouse....
  6. My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.

My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.: My mouse presumably after April 5th has suddenly required me to click at least four times max, I've tried disabling it and reenabling it, moving the USB into a different port, if you need to know what device I'm using, it is a Windows 11 HP Laptop with an Amazon basics mouse....
  7. Why is my mouse requiring mutiple clicks to active a single click button? This issue is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my mouse requiring mutiple clicks to active a single click button? This issue is...: Even happened just now: windows is not recognizing single click signals from my mouse and requires me to click multiple times for it to work. The button boxes sometimes change color and then back again signaling me that the action has registered in the PC, just not fully. And...
  8. Why is my mouse requiring mutiple clicks to active a single click button? This issue is...

Why is my mouse requiring mutiple clicks to active a single click button? This issue is...: Even happened just now: windows is not recognizing single click signals from my mouse and requires me to click multiple times for it to work. The button boxes sometimes change color and then back again signaling me that the action has registered in the PC, just not fully. And...
  9. Why is my mouse requiring mutiple clicks to active a single click button? This issue is...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function: In the past couple days my Microsoft wireless mouse has started to require multiple clicks as many as 3 -5 to open something or get focus. How do I fix this? I've replaced the batteries even though there was no indication of them going bad. I've also performed a sfc...