Windows 10: why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc

Discus and support why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; it takes about a minute each time i restart and turn on my desktop gaming pc using 20h2 i have done a clean install 3 times and early into the install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LaurentPerrier3, Dec 21, 2020.

1. why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc

it takes about a minute each time i restart and turn on my desktop gaming pc using 20h2 i have done a clean install 3 times and early into the install as soon as im on my desktop it has to identify my network

:)

LaurentPerrier3, Dec 21, 2020

2. Install a driver for your network adapter

Go to the list of network adapters in the control panel, turn of the lan and turn it on again. See if that helps.

Peter1986C, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Issues with network adapters

Hi Alfonso,

To resolve this issue, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter when you switch from WiFi to Ethernet connection. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems including clearing the network cache to obtain a new
    IP from the new network. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Identify and repair network problems, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands, and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Chad711 Win User

why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc

Any time I restart network adapter "Identifying Network"....

Ever since I updated to windows 10 any time I do a restart my network adapter is stuck on Identifying network. If I do a shut down and cold start it works fine. I cannot figure out what the problem is. When I try to update the driver it tells me it's the most recent driver. When I go to Intels site to look for the driver all I see is windows 8.1 drivers.

Chad711, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc

1. why does my network adapter have to identify each time i restart or turn on my pc - Similar Threads - why does network

2. Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart: When I do anything after about 5min my pc starts to flicker then it stops and stays one color then the whole pc restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-flicker-then-turns-black-then/930392c2-9bf5-41ca-b4f6-5aee2295cb5d
  3. Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart: When I do anything after about 5min my pc starts to flicker then it stops and stays one color then the whole pc restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-flicker-then-turns-black-then/930392c2-9bf5-41ca-b4f6-5aee2295cb5d
  4. Why does my bluetooth turn on every time I turn my laptop on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my bluetooth turn on every time I turn my laptop on?: So I have a Windows 11 computer upgraded from 10 and only just recently it has started to turn on bluetooth randomly or on startup. I've tried looking it up, going to Microsoft Support and watching videos but it only has the answer for phones or for how to stop it from...
  5. I have to restart my pc 2 times for it to turn on but at times

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have to restart my pc 2 times for it to turn on but at times: I built this pc about 2 week ago and ive noticed that either in the morning or like today after coming back from school i turn it on and it wont even show the motherboard logo screen even after 3 minutes so ill press the reset button on my case seperate from the on/off button...
  6. Why does my network adapter break every time windows updates?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my network adapter break every time windows updates?: I am so sick and tired of this problem. Every time windows screws me over by updating without me asking I end up with my wifi/bluetooth card not working. Forcing me to do a complete reinstall of windows to fix the problem. Do I really have to permanently disable updates just...
  7. Network adapter turns off after i restart pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter turns off after i restart pc.: I have this problem 4 days and i dont know how to slove it..i try to use diffrent version of windows,i install all updates also i update my bios but nothing help me...only solution i have is that i need to turn off my pc and turn on again in result to my internet adapter...
  8. Why do I have to change my password each time

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why do I have to change my password each time: Each time I want to open Microsoft they tell me my password is incorrect when I have just changed it. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-to-change-my-password-each-time/ac3a5b68-978b-43d9-8ea3-94cc8380dd0a"
  9. Ethernet adapter is not identified after each restart

Ethernet adapter is not identified after each restart: Hello , i'm Currently using Windows 10 and I have been in a while , I like to do regular clean install every now and then when I feel my pc is slowing down . so here the problem that never happened with me before after I did a clean install for windows 10 my ethernet...
  10. Any time I restart network adapter "Identifying Network"....

Any time I restart network adapter "Identifying Network"....: Ever since I updated to windows 10 any time I do a restart my network adapter is stuck on Identifying network. If I do a shut down and cold start it works fine. I cannot figure out what the problem is. When I try to update the driver it tells me it's the most recent driver....