Windows 10: Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?

Discus and support Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My pc downloads were slow so I factory reset it and got around 180 mb/s download speed using 57% total network, why after a little bit, with no change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ArkBoi, Nov 27, 2022.

1. ArkBoi Win User

Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?

My pc downloads were slow so I factory reset it and got around 180 mb/s download speed using 57% total network, why after a little bit, with no change to programs, does it do 60 mb/s at 57% total newtork?

:)

ArkBoi, Nov 27, 2022
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Nov 27, 2022
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Factory Reset

Hi Cameron,

Since you did a factory reset on your computer, possibly the outdated network adapter driver causes the connection issue. Just for clarification, did you install the updated network drivers? If not, we suggest that you update the Network adapter driver.

• Go to Device Manager, then click Network adapters and select the network adapter name.
    • Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select
      Update Driver Software
      > Search automatically for updated driver software. Follow the steps, then select
      Close.
    • After installing the updated driver, restart the computer.

If Windows can’t find a new driver for your network adapter, visit the PC manufacturer’s website and download the latest network adapter driver from there.

If the issue persists, we recommend that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this link:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows 10.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Nov 27, 2022
  4. Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?

Factory Reset stuck at 1% for hours

Hi so I recently just wanted to completely factory reset my PC after upgrading to windows 10 (of course keeping win 10 after reset) and even hours after the reset beginning its still frozen at 1%.

Anyone got any ideas what to do?

ConorRoss112, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?

1. Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc? - Similar Threads - Why does network

2. Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.: So I couldn't reinstall windows for some reason so i decided to cloud reset. Everything has been going downhill since then. Virus and threat protection doesn't work , Windows Defender doesnt work , Windows smartscreen and other apps saying i dont have wifi when im literally...
  3. Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my pc so bad after cloud resetting.: So I couldn't reinstall windows for some reason so i decided to cloud reset. Everything has been going downhill since then. Virus and threat protection doesn't work , Windows Defender doesnt work , Windows smartscreen and other apps saying i dont have wifi when im literally...
  4. "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting: Ive had issues with windows updates in the past but they havent really affected much however recently i decided to factory reset my PC as, yes the updates didnt want to work, but also its just been quite slow recently. I have factory reset my PC before with no issues so i...
  5. "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting: Ive had issues with windows updates in the past but they havent really affected much however recently i decided to factory reset my PC as, yes the updates didnt want to work, but also its just been quite slow recently. I have factory reset my PC before with no issues so i...
  6. "Why did my PC restart?" loop after factory reseting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. why has my pc gone so slow after resetting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why has my pc gone so slow after resetting?: I was playing games with my friends and i shut it down as usual. the next day i powered on the pc and the motherboard logo came up and then just a black screen for 15mins then i restarted my pc then it did the same. i restarted it a couple of times then i went into the bios...
  8. Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?: My pc downloads were slow so I factory reset it and got around 180 mb/s download speed using 57% total network, why after a little bit, with no change to programs, does it do 60 mb/s at 57% total newtork?...
  9. Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my network total % go down after an hour or so after factory resetting my pc?: My pc downloads were slow so I factory reset it and got around 180 mb/s download speed using 57% total network, why after a little bit, with no change to programs, does it do 60 mb/s at 57% total newtork?...
  10. what is dfrgi.exe? and why does my pc starts so slow? why does is go to bsod after few...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    what is dfrgi.exe? and why does my pc starts so slow? why does is go to bsod after few...: So my pc is a year old now, its a custom build, it has a ssd, When it was new, it use to open in 5-10 seconds, but now I have to either restart it forcefully or wait 25min to open up my pc, Even if it opens, It would run really slow and laggy for one minute. Also, After few...