Windows 10: Why does my new computer freeze with 50" 4K TV at high resolution?

Discus and support Why does my new computer freeze with 50" 4K TV at high resolution? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I just bought a new Acer Aspire TC780, i3-7100, 8gb ddr4. I connected it to my 50" 4K HDR TV, at startup either the tv or the computer chose a high... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CannonRebel, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Why does my new computer freeze with 50" 4K TV at high resolution?

I just bought a new Acer Aspire TC780, i3-7100, 8gb ddr4. I connected it to my 50" 4K HDR TV, at startup either the tv or the computer chose a high resolution of 4k x 2K 3840-2160. The computer would freeze up, and the key board/mouse were choppy. After changing the resolution down to 1080p everything runs good now. Is it the TV, or the computer doing this and why can't I run it at higher res?

PS: I also tried installing my GTX 1050 ti graphics card in the computer and still could not run at higher resolution without freezing and hardware problems.

:)

CannonRebel, Dec 28, 2017
  2. DavidTowe Win User

Task bar completely vanishes

I'm thinking it may be a resolution problem. I'm using a 50" vizio 4k tv as my monitor, if that helps any.

DavidTowe, Dec 28, 2017
  3. kayydee Win User
    why is my task manager under processes tab disk 50% under performance tab disk 100% and computer freezing

In task manager under processes tab my laptop says disk 50% under performance tab it says 100% i changed my hard drive because my old hard drive had bad sectors. This hdd has less space then my old one the old one didn't freeze like this one does but the
    computer freezes for a second and sometimes longer. The disk usage isn't always 50% but when it does get that high my computer freezes, this happens when I'm downloading, installing or sometimes idk what causes it. I have a G75vx ASUS running windows 10 hdd
    500 gb

kayydee, Dec 28, 2017
  4. hiphopper Win User

Why does my new computer freeze with 50" 4K TV at high resolution?

Well if the computer freezes and requires a hard reboot that would be the computer or software. If the screen goes blank but the computer is still responding, I'd say the monitor doesn't handle the resolution.

More information would be required to determine exact cause.

hiphopper, Dec 28, 2017
  5. Get the best display quality using your LCD panel's native screen resolution. Native resolution is also the maximum resolution an LCD screen can display. Are you selecting Windows recommended screen resolution which is the native resolution of the LCD monitor.

FreeBooter, Dec 28, 2017
  6. That's the other strange part, the high resolution setting is the native of the of the tv. But everything gets unstable at that resolution.

7. Have you installed latest graphic card driver make sure to installed the graphic card driver that you have downloaded either from your computer manufacturer or graphic card manufacturer website.

FreeBooter, Dec 28, 2017
  8. Why does my new computer freeze with 50" 4K TV at high resolution?

I just checked them and they're up to date.

9. Helmut Win User
    Are all your hardware components, Video output, TV input, including the video cable, HDMI 2.0 or greater, that standard came out around 2014.
    I would at least swop around your HDMI cables to see if that has an affect.

Helmut, Dec 28, 2017
  10. pyramid10 Win User
    Helmut probably nailed it. The 4k TV likely came with a 4k-capable hdmi cable. That is already being used with the 4k blu-ray player. The pc may or may not come bundled with a standard hdmi cable. Plug that in and the limitations apply.

pyramid10, Dec 28, 2017
  11. You were all right! I just didn't know where to start because the seller said it was a software problem, so I called Acer. They said the on board graphics would only support 1080 res, and to call navidia.
    The navidia tech showed me how set the power management to a higher level in the card.
    The computer was telling me the cards drivers were up to date, HA! they were not, it lied! He showed me how to get the latest drivers and do a clean install of those.
    And I needed an up to date HDMI cable to handle 4k x 2k HDR resolution. Now it looks very nice on the big screen, and the little i3-7100 runs like it's a$$ is on fire. *Smile

CannonRebel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why does my new computer freeze with 50" 4K TV at high resolution?

1. Why does my new computer freeze with 50" 4K TV at high resolution? - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure: Hi, any attempt to go above 1920x1080 causes signal loss on this brand new TCL 65" TV.I am simply replacing a DIGIHOME 50" tv that ran the exact same setup @ 60hz refresh rate so the pc, win 11, GTX 1650Super thru HDMI lead can't be to blame. I see the monitor display driver...
  3. TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCL 65" tv @ 4K resolution failure: Hi, any attempt to go above 1920x1080 causes signal loss on this brand new TCL 65" TV.I am simply replacing a DIGIHOME 50" tv that ran the exact same setup @ 60hz refresh rate so the pc, win 11, GTX 1650Super thru HDMI lead can't be to blame. I see the monitor display driver...
  4. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  5. Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why not buy a small 4K TV instead of a large 4K monitor?: This question has been dogging me for years. I'm a desktop PC person. I like having a desk, a monitor, and these days a smaller or 'Mini' PC nearby. 3 years ago I bought an Asus Vivomini PC and paired it with $329 2K 25 inch monitor. Something like this -- [img] But now...
  6. 4k resolution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4k resolution: Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert....
  7. 4k tv as monitor in Windows 10 resolution greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4k tv as monitor in Windows 10 resolution greyed out: I am trying to use a 4K TV with my surface pro 7. my problem is that when I change it to be the main display all options are greyed out so I cannot see what resolution it is set to, and it is not 4k. When I change the settings so that the TV is used as an extended monitor...
  8. 4k Resolution on the new may update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    4k Resolution on the new may update: So i tried installing the new may update for windows 10 and when i go to 4k options i cant set it to 4k it just says "windows cannot set it to this resolution" i roll back the update to the previous one that i had and it lets me set it to 4k again. i tried reinstalling...
  9. 4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!

4K resolution through a VGA cabel with a 1080p TV?!: I connected my PC to my 1080p TV and when I went to the setting I saw that 3840x2160 resolution is available, even at 60 Hz. How is that possible? It's even through a VGA cabel, which supports a maximum res. of 2048x1536. Last time I connected the TV the maximum res....
  10. 4k tv resolution issue

4k tv resolution issue: I'm running an LG 4k UHD tv with a GTX 1080. The first day I brought it home I was able to set the proper 3840x2160 resolution but then I updated the driver. Now anytime I set that resolution, starting from the standard 1920x1080, I get a black screen. It's not the TV...