Windows 10: Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

Discus and support Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep" in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new laptop computer and I have set the sleep option to "Never" when plugged into power. However, it appears to ignore this setting and sleeps... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OssieMac, Jul 10, 2021.

1. OssieMac Win User

Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

I have a new laptop computer and I have set the sleep option to "Never" when plugged into power. However, it appears to ignore this setting and sleeps anyway. It is a problem because it prevents my printer from working with other computers that share printing.Note that I have set the screen to turn off but the computer should never sleep.Settings as per the screen shots.First dialog for settingFollowing when I select Additional power settings -> Change when the computer sleeps.

:)

OssieMac, Jul 10, 2021

2. When computers sleep..

The power settings in particular. Make sure the options "never" is not set for put computer to sleep. I changed the power options to "High Performance" once by mistake and disabled sleep without evening knowing. At that point my system was just turning the monitor off.

TheLaughingMan, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Computer Wakes Up From Sleep And Goes Back To Sleep?

Hmm, lazy computer! *Roll Eyes Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep" :rolleyes:

Sorry for that stupid line, I couldn't resist. *Frown Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep" :(

Maybe you have something configured to sleep when idle. Check that on your power settings.

Blue-Knight, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep"

1. Why does my new computer sleep when sleep option is set to "never sleep" - Similar Threads - Why does computer

2. Why my computer does not go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my computer does not go to sleep?: When i press sleep button on keyboard,my computer goes to sleep but it goes out in sleep and turn on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-does-not-go-to-sleep/1116b08a-5c37-4ca4-88cd-ea0fe3ad2cfe
  3. Why my computer does not go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my computer does not go to sleep?: When i press sleep button on keyboard,my computer goes to sleep but it goes out in sleep and turn on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-does-not-go-to-sleep/1116b08a-5c37-4ca4-88cd-ea0fe3ad2cfe
  4. Why does computer not support sleep?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does computer not support sleep?: Hello there, I tried many solutions on "How to fix computer does not go to sleep" but until when I stumbled upon one solutionActually not a solution but kind of a system checking and it spoke about whether a computer does support sleep or not. I tried one of them. See the...
  5. SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK

SLEEP NEVER DOES NOT WORK: I went through a number of answers on this topic.What is the latest recommendation?When setting up never to go to sleep it does so. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-never-does-not-work/71cf39a1-2a90-4d30-bb65-8e9bfe8a63c6
  6. My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep

My computer will not sleep when it is supposed to sleep: I have updated my monitor and network adaptorsI have updated my motherboard bios, my windows update latest version as of Tuesday, my drivers, my undergarmentsI have turned off Wake On Lan magic bullet on the network adaptorI have turned off allow waketimersI have turned off...
  7. Does the hard drive go to sleep when I put the computer to sleep even when set to never...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does the hard drive go to sleep when I put the computer to sleep even when set to never...: Same as the title. I've set my Drive to never sleep in order to try and fix a CD Drive that randomly spins up on my laptop and now I am wandering if the drive is set to never go to sleep, does is stay up even when the computer is in Sleep Mode?...
  8. Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitors going to sleep even set to never sleep: I've set my monitors to never sleep yet they do so on an irregular basis. They can go weeks w/o sleeping yet today they went to sleep twice in less than a 1/2 hour. I just double checked my settings and they are still set to never sleep. I did just start using Helios Display...
  9. Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer sleeping when set not to / Not waking up from Sleep: Hi All I have a windows 10 machine that has two issues but they both are causing the PC to freeze. The first issue is the PC will go to sleep even when set not to in the power configuration. The second issue is that the PC will not wake up so it seems once it has gone to...
  10. Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never")

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop going to sleep when idle (power options set to "Never"): When plugged in, this Toshiba laptop goes into sleep mode at roughly two minutes of idle time. When plugged in, I have the power options set to "Never". This just recently began occurring. Any ideas? 57465