Windows 10: why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

Discus and support why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EdithRidgeway, Aug 14, 2018.

1. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted

:)

EdithRidgeway, Aug 14, 2018
  2. Berton Win User

Game screen to large

What is the size of the new monitor? Have you tried its Native resolution? Does the publisher of the game/s have suggestions? Could also be the graphics adapter/card can't support it.

Berton, Aug 14, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 14, 2018
  4. Emma Win User

why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

Game screen to large

I have two hidden object games that has a screen that is to large and some of the objects are out of site on the sides. I tried setting the resolution smaller, but that just made the screen smaller and objects are still hidden. When I remove the check mark from full screen, the screen is to small to find the hidden objects. The game worked fine on my 19" monitor, but not this larger one. Any suggestion for how to remedy this?

Thema:

why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

1. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted - Similar Threads - why does computers

2. Why does my computer keep crashing without a blue screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep crashing without a blue screen?: For months since I've built this pc, I've had troubles to where the computer will randomly crash in the middle of my game, without any warning whatsoever. I thought this was just a driver issue. After updating the drivers, I still have the same issue, no warning or blue...
  3. Why does my computer keep crashing without a blue screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer keep crashing without a blue screen?: For months since I've built this pc, I've had troubles to where the computer will randomly crash in the middle of my game, without any warning whatsoever. I thought this was just a driver issue. After updating the drivers, I still have the same issue, no warning or blue...
  4. Why does my computer keep crashing without a blue screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why are explorer extra large icons too small?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are explorer extra large icons too small?: This has happened to me in Windows 10 and now 11. When i select "Extra Large" Icons in windows explorer, the actual thumbnails shrink while the blank space around them grows. How do i fix this, i do a lot of photo editing and this is a massive strain on my eyes. Why can't you...
  6. Why are explorer extra large icons too small?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are explorer extra large icons too small?: This has happened to me in Windows 10 and now 11. When i select "Extra Large" Icons in windows explorer, the actual thumbnails shrink while the blank space around them grows. How do i fix this, i do a lot of photo editing and this is a massive strain on my eyes. Why can't you...
  7. Cortana spoke without being prompted

in Cortana
    Cortana spoke without being prompted: On February 5, 2021, some HarmanKardon Invoke users experienced a bug where Cortana spoke without beingprompted. In these cases Cortana said, “What can I do for you?” or “Sorry!Something went wrong, please try again later.” This problem has been resolved andCortana will only...
  8. Why does my new computer keep crashing? It randomly does it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my new computer keep crashing? It randomly does it.: My brand new computer keeps crashing, was looking to get an answer to why? Thanks! I've compressed the DMP file, it will be in the link below. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AjXoDqTW3RxUghbKSAr7oaHxGqem The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a...
  9. Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large

in Windows 10 Customization
    Quick Launch taskbar: small is too small, large is too large: I am quite reluctantly forced to move down to the unfriendly UI of Windows 10 from Windows 7. I have enabled the Quick Launch toolbar, and have added the shortcuts I normally use there. The trouble is, the size of the icons is not consistent with the rest of the taskbar....
  10. Large Jump List Showing Up In The Middle Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large Jump List Showing Up In The Middle Of The Screen: Hi Everyone, I don't know how exactly to describe this problem but the closest I can figure is to describe it as a large jump list appearing in the middle of the screen every time a new program is opened. I don't know how to turn it off. Below is a picture of the problem....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen jumps from large to small