Windows 10: Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after...

Discus and support Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] https://i.imgur.com/9rKjwfT.png After having updated Windows just a few days ago, this started happening. It's a bit annoying to have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Landeplagen, Nov 21, 2020.

1. Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after...

Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... [​IMG]

https://i.imgur.com/9rKjwfT.png

After having updated Windows just a few days ago, this started happening. It's a bit annoying to have the volume so low, and it happens every time I start or restart my computer. I haven't tried reinstalling the driver yet, but is there a simpler solution?

Driver info

submitted by /u/Landeplagen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Landeplagen, Nov 21, 2020
  2. ScubaKim Win User

RealTek Audio Driver Volume Output

I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspirion 15-3552 and over the last 2-3 days, Dell has pushed thru a RealTek High Def Audio Driver that is terrible. I can't access an equalizer to increase the audio output and can barely hear video streaming, etc. I
    have uninstalled the driver several times, only to have it install again in a matter of minutes. I have seen other "fixes" posted, but all are from at least 6 months ago and don't seem to fix the problem I'm having. Is there a current way to either STOP the
    automatic install of the RrealTek audio driver OR increase the volume output?

ScubaKim, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Set new audio device default for volume mixer in Windows 10

I use two audio devices:

• Default (audio) device "Realtec Digital Output (Optical)"
    • Default communication device "Lautsprecher (Speaker)"

My goal:
    I want to have the default audio volume on my default communication device, instead of the default device - at all times.

What I tried so far:
    Changing the volume mixer to my communication device explicitly works temporary, but as soon as I close the settings window, the default audio volume is reset again to the default audio device.

Step 1: Clicking on volume shows me the default device:

Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... yhlxC.png

Step 2: Changing the volume mixer to my communication device manually:

Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... 3mG3F.png

Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... 1H5Y2.png

Step 3: Clicking again on volume does not keep the change Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... :(

Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... aWNeG.png

How can I make it permanent that windows uses my communication device for default volume control?

Simon Ferndriger, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after...

No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after...

1. Why does my optical audio output driver always reset volume to 49 when restarting? (after... - Similar Threads - Why does optical

2. how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to stop windows 10 audio output volume resetting to 100%: When any communications action happens, the output volume returns to 100%. I have tried all the fixes below, which came from this forum. Please advise.Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64 bit OS, x64-based processorIntelR CoreTM i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60 GHz32 GB ramHERE ARE ALL THE THREE FIXES I...
  3. Why does my audio says that no output device found?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my audio says that no output device found?: It was fine until yesterday night I was playing games and my comp froze. So I restarted my comp and I notice that my sound was not working and my bottom right sound icon had a cross beside it. I tried searching up how to solve it but most of them are not working. So can pls...
  4. Why does my audio says that no output device found?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my audio says that no output device found?: It was fine until yesterday night I was playing games and my comp froze. So I restarted my comp and I notice that my sound was not working and my bottom right sound icon had a cross beside it. I tried searching up how to solve it but most of them are not working. So can pls...
  5. no audio output device after reset

no audio output device after reset: No audio output device after reset https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-output-device-after-reset/5dc1429e-2830-4c7b-a5f2-7aa489179fa3
  6. audio output driver

audio output driver: hi how do I get my audio back please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-output-driver/5281b175-d253-42d8-8840-56bf677e3a73
  7. Why Does my Computer Reset Everything When I Restart it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why Does my Computer Reset Everything When I Restart it?: I restarted my computer because it was running a bit slow, but when I signed back in my pictures, apps, wallpaper, and everything was wiped clean. This is a new computer, specifically a HP Slim Desktop 290-p0056. Why does my computer reset everything when I restart it? Please...
  8. clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart

clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart: clicking on audio/volume icon does nothing after you restart this is temporarily fixed by restarting 'windows explorer' happened on old laptop also, now happens on new laptop (i hate computer, it's 2020...) how to permanently fix? 156547
  9. Delayed optical audio output

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Delayed optical audio output: The original thread was locked, but I'm having the same issue as here: https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/4ijiaf/slight_delay_before_audio_through_speakers_using/ Basically, if no sound has been output via the SPDIF of my Asus XONAR SE for 5-10 seconds, if I play...
  10. Why does my pc always crash when I restart?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my pc always crash when I restart?: When I want to restart my pc, it takes a very long amount of time before (around 4 minutes or so) and then my pc just goes into a BSOD and then it just loads back up as usual but when I restart it again it does the exact same thing, but when I looked up a tutorial on how to...