Windows 10: Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down

Discus and support Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I scroll down the page using the touch pad if automatically goes back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Swasti Kamat, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down

When I scroll down the page using the touch pad if automatically goes back up

:)

Swasti Kamat, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Page scrolling on its own

We appreciate your response. To troubleshoot your issue, we suggest that you follow these steps below on how to modify Touchpad Scrolling Settings.

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Click Mouse and choose Touchpad tab.
    • Locate the Scrolling Settings area within the touchpad properties tab. Adjust the settings to meet your needs.
    • Click OK.

Let us know if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jun 11, 2024
  3. What is smooth scrolling?

Hi Kenneth,

Smooth scrolling is a feature available in Internet Explorer that allows you to scroll through a web pages smoothly, as the name of the feature suggests. If this is turned off, when scrolling through a web page, you'll notice that the scroll
    bar slides down as if it's slightly delayed, but if this is turned on, the scroll bar slides down smoothly, without delay.

This is useful when scanning through long web pages or articles.

To turn on/off smooth scrolling, see the following steps:

• Open Internet Explorer, click the gear icon, and then click
      Internet
      Options.
    • Click on the Advanced tab.
    • Locate Use smooth scrolling, and tick the check box if you want it turned on/off.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Patricia Yu, Jun 11, 2024
  4. pedsto Win User

Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down

1. Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down - Similar Threads - Why does page

2. Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down: When I scroll down the page using the touch pad if automatically goes back up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-page-scroll-back-up-when-i-scroll-down/abe35715-f13a-4836-b5d1-175474a263c3
  3. Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my page scroll back up when I scroll down: When I scroll down the page using the touch pad if automatically goes back up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-page-scroll-back-up-when-i-scroll-down/abe35715-f13a-4836-b5d1-175474a263c3
  4. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  5. why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?

why does file explorer not let me scroll back up when I scroll down?: When I scroll all the way down on the left bar of File Explorer, I cannot scroll back up. I have to grab the scroll bar to go back up, and it is a huge pain. Please help. This is on Windows 11 by the way....
  6. My pages keep scrolling up and down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pages keep scrolling up and down: When I go on any window related apps such as the Microsoft store or within settings, the page immediately scrolls to the bottom or top and won’t let me scroll what so ever. Even when I start up the computer, the time and date on the Lock Screen is going up and down in a...
  7. My pages keep scrolling up and down

My pages keep scrolling up and down: When I go on any window related apps such as the Microsoft store or within settings, the page immediately scrolls to the bottom or top and won’t let me scroll what so ever. Even when I start up the computer, the time and date on the Lock Screen is going up and down in a...
  8. My pages keep scrolling up and down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 1909 scrolls back up when scrolling down.: HELLo, After an update to 1909 I get this weird, extremely, almost smash my computer to bits and pieces scrolling issue. Whenever I scroll down, it will randomly scroll back up, some times just a little bit, other times quite a lot. The issue completely vanished for a...
  10. My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right.: My screen does not scroll up and down. It scrolls left and right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-screen-does-not-scroll-up-and-down-it-scrolls/3ae3d530-bf61-4605-8a51-25cbf6be6a8e