Windows 10: Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?

Discus and support Why does my PC constantly turns off and on? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; When I click the power button it boots up then after sometime it shuts down, boots up again and does the same thing for 5+ more times then shuts down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Kkraken, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Kkraken Win User

Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?

When I click the power button it boots up then after sometime it shuts down, boots up again and does the same thing for 5+ more times then shuts down but it can charge my phone, it can light up a lamp using the usb ports, my speaker indicates that the speaker is on but the motherboard lights are turned off even the power button is not lit up

I have a video of it, I can send you the video if you want to

Thanks

:)

Kkraken, Aug 9, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Aug 9, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Hi Jorog,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

• Since when you are facing this issue?
    • Is your computer up to date?
    Until you reply back to us with the required information, you may follow the below suggestions

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to create a new power plan and check if there is any issues with the current power plan which you are using at present in your system. Follow the below steps sequentially.

Step 1:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • You may create the new power plan by clicking on the Create a powerplan
      on left navigation pane.
    • Assign the name you wish to new power plan, click on Next and change the settings accordingly and click on
      Create.
    Step 2:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard to open Run command.
    • Type powercfg.cpl to open the power settings.
    • Select your current plan and click on Change plan settings. (The power plan which you have created in the step 1
    • Set the Turn off the display to 5 minutes/any other time you wish.
    I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?

1. Why does my PC constantly turns off and on? - Similar Threads - Why does constantly

2. Why does my PC turn off during booting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC turn off during booting?: Ever since my pc fell it has been turning óff during the booting stage sometimes it won't even boot, it will just turn on and then off immediately. And then when it turns on it will be showing me something in CMD format which I cannot comprehend. I don't know what to do....
  3. Why does my PC turn off during booting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn off during booting?: Ever since my pc fell it has been turning óff during the booting stage sometimes it won't even boot, it will just turn on and then off immediately. And then when it turns on it will be showing me something in CMD format which I cannot comprehend. I don't know what to do....
  4. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi keep turning off?: My Wifi keeps turning off specifically at midnight, and i do not know why, and it is ethernet. at 12:00 everything cuts off on my pc where as my ps5 and everything else is fine and i dont know why....
  5. Why does my wifi keep turning off?

Why does my wifi keep turning off?: My Wifi keeps turning off specifically at midnight, and i do not know why, and it is ethernet. at 12:00 everything cuts off on my pc where as my ps5 and everything else is fine and i dont know why....
  6. Why does my wifi completely turn off?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi completely turn off?: Hello I own a gateway loptop along with my mother and sister and for some reason all of our laptops tend to turn the wifi off completely and the only way to turn it back on is for reset the laptops wifi settings now I wouldn't mind if it did it once in a while but for me I...
  7. Why does my wifi completely turn off?

Why does my wifi completely turn off?: Hello I own a gateway loptop along with my mother and sister and for some reason all of our laptops tend to turn the wifi off completely and the only way to turn it back on is for reset the laptops wifi settings now I wouldn't mind if it did it once in a while but for me I...
  8. Why does my PC turn off in the middle of an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my PC turn off in the middle of an update: It reached to about 45% before turning off. When I booted it up, it continued at the same place, but speeded through the rest of the update. No further problems....
  9. why does my camera turn itself off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why does my camera turn itself off: why does my camera turn itself off during a zoom meeting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-camera-turn-itself-off/f16c5bb8-aa71-43e5-87ba-25e7d6caf76c
  10. why does it keep turning my internet off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does it keep turning my internet off?: when I start my laptop after like 1hour it randomly turns off my internet and when I try to reconnect to it it doesn't let me so I have to restart my laptop every time. why does it do that?...