Windows 10: Why does my PC crash when downloading large files

Discus and support Why does my PC crash when downloading large files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I've got a new SSD using SSD as primary and a HDD as secondary, I will try to download for example a large game, or really anything over... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Juan Gonzalez3, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Why does my PC crash when downloading large files

Ever since I've got a new SSD using SSD as primary and a HDD as secondary, I will try to download for example a large game, or really anything over 2GB, and I've noticed that the network bar in task manager drops to 0kbps for a few seconds and restarts, this process will continually continue getting longer and lagging my pc more and more until eventually I get a blue screen of death, and sometimes after this happens a lot my windows files will corrupt forcing me to reinstall windows 3rd time reinstalling I've tried updating network drivers, I've tried adjusting VRAM and nothing else change

:)

Juan Gonzalez3, Aug 16, 2022

2. Windows Explorer crashing due to large files

thats wierd... iv never had a large file crash explorer before....

and i have files ranging upto 80GB...

slyfox2151, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Naby Win User
    10 Crashing Randomly and During Updates and File Downloads

This is a re-post from here.

I have a Windows 10 PC that I run 24/7. I have Windows Updates disabled through the Group Policy Editor. I still perform updates manually every few days. Windows Defender updates work fine. Other Windows updates cause the PC to crash, no BSOD or anything, it just turns off. I've looked for 1074, 6006, and 6008 event log files to explain why and I haven't been able to find anything.

Other times the computer just randomly crashes and also sometimes when downloading files. The symptom is the same, I check on it and find it powered down or it just shuts off while I'm using it. It boots back up fine and I see no cause listed in the event logs.

I have been through the 3 tests suggested to me on the old thread. SMART looked good, memtest ran for 33 hours for 8 passes with no errors, and prime was run for 3 hours with no errors.

I think the next step was to run V2 Log collector, that data is attached.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

4. Why does my PC crash when downloading large files

Files & Folders View as medium or large Icons

To assist you better, we would suggest that you try to follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Once you are viewing a folder, right click an empty space within the File Explorer window and select View from the dialogue menu, then choose Large or any icon you wanted to use. Alternatively, you can use the following shortcut keys on the keyboard to
      change your View settings:
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 1 Extra Large
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 2 Large icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 3 Medium Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 4 Small Icons
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 5 List
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 6 Details
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 7 Tiles
    • CTRL + SHIFT + 8 Content
    3. Once you have the view set, you can make it the default view for

every folder.

4. Click Apply, then click OK.

Update us on the result.

Marivel Man, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Why does my PC crash when downloading large files

1. Why does my PC crash when downloading large files - Similar Threads - Why does crash

2. Why Does my pc crash when hdd is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why Does my pc crash when hdd is plugged in?: Hi, I have an elitedesk g100 twr.I have a ssd which contains windows.The hdd also contains windows.After changing ssd as boot priority windows just gets stuck at boot screen. If I try plugging in hdd after boot ,windows just freezes. Pls help...
  3. Why Does my pc crash when hdd is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does my pc crash when hdd is plugged in?: Hi, I have an elitedesk g100 twr.I have a ssd which contains windows.The hdd also contains windows.After changing ssd as boot priority windows just gets stuck at boot screen. If I try plugging in hdd after boot ,windows just freezes. Pls help...
  4. Why Does my pc crash when hdd is plugged in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. New PC crashing when downloading multiple large size things

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New PC crashing when downloading multiple large size things: Hey, so my new pc literally just build it has been crashing and restarting when I downloaded things. Here's the dump files. If anyone can read and understand them, please help me figure out the reason for the crashes. Here's a link for the 3 dump...
  6. New PC crashing when downloading multiple large size things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New PC crashing when downloading multiple large size things: Hey, so my new pc literally just build it has been crashing and restarting when I downloaded things. Here's the dump files. If anyone can read and understand them, please help me figure out the reason for the crashes. Here's a link for the 3 dump...
  7. Why does my PC crash when downloading large files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC crash when downloading large files: Ever since I've got a new SSD using SSD as primary and a HDD as secondary, I will try to download for example a large game, or really anything over 2GB, and I've noticed that the network bar in task manager drops to 0kbps for a few seconds and restarts, this process will...
  8. Why does my PC crash when downloading large files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC crash when downloading large files: Ever since I've got a new SSD using SSD as primary and a HDD as secondary, I will try to download for example a large game, or really anything over 2GB, and I've noticed that the network bar in task manager drops to 0kbps for a few seconds and restarts, this process will...
  9. RDP service crashes when downloading large files / network congestion

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP service crashes when downloading large files / network congestion: Hi, I have a strange issue I ran into before when using remote desktop over WAN to access my windows server. I can usually use rdp for as long as I need, however when downloading large files using either ftp or http the service drops my connection and refuses to connect...
  10. Why does MS download such LARGE files when logon?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does MS download such LARGE files when logon?: *Eek When I log onto my laptop (Win 10 Home) I check if there are any updates (this is after I update defender definitions). Comes back with none BUT then shortly after that the computer connects to MS in Washington (IP lookup after I see a connection to and follow a large...