Windows 10: Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

Discus and support Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Undefineddake1, May 23, 2023.

1. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it starts up fine. Only when I specifically use Restart, it gets stuck on the boot up screen where you can go to BIOS settings, but if I press F2 to go there, it doesn't work, it seems to freeze. I have tried to do a clean installation of Windows 10 from "Reset This PC" in settings, since I have no issues loading up the computer but it still does it after the reset. I tried using the Windows Media Creation Tool and same thing. Interesting thing is, if t

:)

Undefineddake1, May 23, 2023

2. MY PC has just statred to restart even during Boot and after boot, Please help.

if you want to change any setting just do it step by step so you know what might happen when your pc restart again and again

micropage7, May 23, 2023
  3. Pc stucks at restarting.

Hi Ram,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to perform the Startup Repair and check.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button and click on the Settings option.
    • Select Update & security > Recovery.
    • Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
    • After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Repair.
    If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I would recommend suggest you to enable the fast startup.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start icon and select Power Options.
    • Click on the Choose what power buttons do on the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable (Enter the admin credentials if prompted).
    • Check the Turn on Fast startup (Recommended) box.
    • Click on Save changes.
    • Restart the computer.
    Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 23, 2023
  4. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

pc stuck at boot!

it only shows my processor core2quad q9550 2.8ghz
    and the button to press to enter cmos
    but after it detects my processor i think i crashes.then restarts after a few seconds.
    it doesnt show how much ram i have or the hdd attached.
    cant enter cmos.
    i tried removing eveything attached 1 by 1. but still stuck at boot

nutcrackdude, May 23, 2023
Thema:

Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

1. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it? - Similar Threads - Why does stuck

2. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?: I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it starts up fine. Only when I specifically use Restart, it gets stuck on the boot up screen where you can go to BIOS settings, but...
  3. Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC get stuck on boot up only when I restart it?: I have Windows 10 Pro installed and it's been quite some time since I first noticed this issue. Whenever I turn off my PC and turn it back on, it starts up fine. Only when I specifically use Restart, it gets stuck on the boot up screen where you can go to BIOS settings, but...
  4. My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.: When I turn on my computer, the Windows icon stays for a few seconds while it loads. Then it blinks and the computer restarts the boot up. This keeps happening in a loop....
  5. My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.: When I turn on my computer, the Windows icon stays for a few seconds while it loads. Then it blinks and the computer restarts the boot up. This keeps happening in a loop....
  6. My PC restarts when I try to boot it up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?: i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-say-program-boot-up-when-i-start-my-pc/4430de7d-6915-4f35-9322-b0ef3b019ca1
  8. Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does it say "Program" boot up when i start my pc?: i checked my programs that boot up when I launch my pc and I found "Program" boots up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-it-say-program-boot-up-when-i-start-my-pc/4430de7d-6915-4f35-9322-b0ef3b019ca1
  9. Why do I get stuck on the loading screen, but only when I restart the PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I get stuck on the loading screen, but only when I restart the PC?: So I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now and I'm at a lost on what to do. I already did a clean install of Windows 11 and the issue still persists. Booting up my PC works flawlessly when it has been shut off, but when I restart my PC the loading screen lags for...
  10. Why do I get stuck on the loading screen, but only when I restart the PC?

Why do I get stuck on the loading screen, but only when I restart the PC?: So I've been dealing with this problem for awhile now and I'm at a lost on what to do. I already did a clean install of Windows 11 and the issue still persists. Booting up my PC works flawlessly when it has been shut off, but when I restart my PC the loading screen lags for...