Windows 10: Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?

Discus and support Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My cpu is overheating and im going to change the thermal laste but im not sure if thats the problem Gpu: gtx 1060 3gb Cpu: core i7 8700k submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NachoSeventeen, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?

My cpu is overheating and im going to change the thermal laste but im not sure if thats the problem

Gpu: gtx 1060 3gb Cpu: core i7 8700k

submitted by /u/NachoSeventeen
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NachoSeventeen, Jul 16, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Jul 16, 2020
  3. Print Screen resolution 28 rather than 72 ppi

• What is the make and model of your device?
    I am using a PC with a Dell screen

• Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue happening?
    Only automatic ones associated with Windows 10

• Any troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    Nothing

Edit to say - Sorry, I've resolved my own problem. I was reading pixels per centimetre rather than pixels per inch - when the correct measurement is used my screen turns out to be 72 pixels per inch as usual.

Apologies for bothering you but thanks for trying to help.

ChrisAnnSen, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting?

1. Why does my pc just turn off rather than restarting? - Similar Threads - Why does turn

2. Why does my PC turn off during booting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my PC turn off during booting?: Ever since my pc fell it has been turning óff during the booting stage sometimes it won't even boot, it will just turn on and then off immediately. And then when it turns on it will be showing me something in CMD format which I cannot comprehend. I don't know what to do....
  3. Why does my PC turn off during booting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC turn off during booting?: Ever since my pc fell it has been turning óff during the booting stage sometimes it won't even boot, it will just turn on and then off immediately. And then when it turns on it will be showing me something in CMD format which I cannot comprehend. I don't know what to do....
  4. Why does my laptop restart when the screen turn off in rest?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my laptop restart when the screen turn off in rest?: I set up my screen to just turn off, not sleep or hibernate, just turn off after 5min. Sometimes it works, some others it doesn't, and what I mean with this, is after the 5 min my screen turns off, and when I click a bottom or just move the mouse there are times that it turns...
  5. Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart: When I do anything after about 5min my pc starts to flicker then it stops and stays one color then the whole pc restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-flicker-then-turns-black-then/930392c2-9bf5-41ca-b4f6-5aee2295cb5d
  6. Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc flicker then turns black then restart: When I do anything after about 5min my pc starts to flicker then it stops and stays one color then the whole pc restarts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-flicker-then-turns-black-then/930392c2-9bf5-41ca-b4f6-5aee2295cb5d
  7. Why does my PC turn off in the middle of an update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why does my PC turn off in the middle of an update: It reached to about 45% before turning off. When I booted it up, it continued at the same place, but speeded through the rest of the update. No further problems....
  8. Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update - shutdown rather than restart?: (Yet another) windows update query. I don't mind it restarting after an update, completely understand the need to keep it updated, but I'm wondering if there's any way to configure windows update to auto restart to apply the updates, then shutdown the machine completely...
  9. Why does my PC keep restarting with BSOD or just plain turns off?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my PC keep restarting with BSOD or just plain turns off?: Recently my PC has been either randomly restarting, randomly turning completely off with only the power light on, or randomly turning off, rebooting and then not displaying anything. Every so often there is also a visual static that flashes for a fraction of a second...
  10. Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my PC constantly turns off and on?: When I click the power button it boots up then after sometime it shuts down, boots up again and does the same thing for 5+ more times then shuts down but it can charge my phone, it can light up a lamp using the usb ports, my speaker indicates that the speaker is on but the...