Windows 10: Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards?

Discus and support Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Every time I use SD cards on my pc they always end up corrupting after removing. It doesn’t matter what adapter i use or which type of as card is used.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hippielad, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards?

Every time I use SD cards on my pc they always end up corrupting after removing. It doesn’t matter what adapter i use or which type of as card is used. Once I reinsert to my camera it needs to be formatted. The same result occurs when I reinsert to PC. The PC shows it as corrupt. I always remove properly.

submitted by /u/hippielad
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hippielad, Jan 20, 2020

2. micro SD card corrupted?

Does your SD card work if you connect it to your computer?

If so, then what I would suggest is to backup it's content on your PC and format the SD card.

Once it's backed up, format the SD card through the phone.

Go to App List > Storage Sense > SD Card > Format SD Card to do that.

Regards

Denis

DenisLepoivre, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Compumind Win User
    Micro SD Card Not Recognised

Try this:

Corrupted Micro SD Card Repair Tool/Software | Free Download - EaseUS

If no go, I would suggest exchanging the Micro-SD adapter (if it came with it) and/or the card.

*Think

Compumind, Jan 20, 2020
  4. gibbsy09 Win User

Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards?

Micro SD Card Not Recognised

Thanks I'll give that a try and let you know how I go.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi tried the programme still won't see card any other suggestions thanks.

gibbsy09, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards?

1. Why does my PC keep corrupting my SD Cards? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  3. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  4. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my SD card no longer read

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my SD card no longer read: Tested my Micro SD card from my GoPro to make sure I could transfer images and videos. Put the Micro SD into the adapter, downloaded 1 video, and put card back in my camera. Took a few pictures to mess around about 5 minutes later and tried to transfer those too. This time...
  6. my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10

my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10: Hi, I was formatting my micro SD card with quick format unchecked. While in progress by mistake I pressed escape key. Now it is corrupted. How to fix it?...
  7. Corrupted SD card

Corrupted SD card: I tried to fix my corrupted sd card using chkdsk command in windows 10. It says the following: The type of the file system is FAT32. Volume Serial Number is 3B83-1115 Windows is verifying files and folders... The 'file' entry contains a nonvalid link. The size of the...
  8. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  9. my sd card

my sd card: lately my sd card has been acting up, as in it does not let me have read and write permissions, every time i unplug it it reverts back to what it was before i tried to delete something, and when i created a new folder this wierd stuff showed up in it, im guessing it is a...
  10. Micro SD Card Corrupted

Micro SD Card Corrupted: Hi Before I forget my phones an android! The other day I moved some music over to my phone and it seemed to move OK so I went ahead and removed my phone from the laptop. Then when I got to the car I went to pull up my music player so I could play over my cars audio...