Windows 10: Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD?

Discus and support Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I am new here and was wondering if I could get help with my PC. It constantly crashes BSOD with either "unexpected store exception" or "kernel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MiggySan, Mar 15, 2022.

1. MiggySan Win User

Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD?

Hello, I am new here and was wondering if I could get help with my PC. It constantly crashes BSOD with either "unexpected store exception" or "kernel inpage error".rtx 2060aorus z390 wifi prohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Auz8q29hW5bdgVqBfYELZ_QAfAUF?e=SFvu9Phere are my crash logs. Ive already tried checkdsk, sysscan, updated bios, reinstalled video drivers, made sure all drivers are up to date. Im not sure what else to do please help.

:)

MiggySan, Mar 15, 2022
  2. Thrackan Win User

PC reboots (no BSOD) on CPU stress

Hi fellow TPU members,

not too long ago, the box my gf's PC was transported in gave way on the stairs. Yes, you got it right, that sent a PC tumbling down a flight of steps alright.

Stuff broke. Also, stuff remained intact somehow.

I bought her a new case, new CPU cooler and we removed the floppy drive, so far so good. But the PC started crashing for no apparent reason, without a BSOD.

I tested:
    • Memtest86+, left overnight, 0 errors
    • Scanned the HDD for errors, nothing there
    • Left FurMark burning up the GFX card and drawing some power, no problems there
    • Ran Ubuntu from a Live CD doing nothing special, didn't crash
    • Ran OCCT, Linpack, Prime95, all 3 caused reboots within minutes
    • Oh, and I disabled "Restart on error" so I'm sure it's not a BSOD.
    Now, I can still try and test something CPU intensive on Ubuntu, but my guess is the CPU didn't survive.
    Before I do anything drastic like whippin' out the magic wallet and get her a new AMD quad, is there anything I didn't see?
    I'm guessing the motherboard could be borkered as well, but can I check that other than replacing the CPU with a working one?
    Any suggestions on which proggies I can use from an Ubuntu Live CD to stress the CPU?

Thrackan, Mar 15, 2022
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 15, 2022
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. why does my pc keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my pc keep crashing?: my pc keeps crashing on a daily basis and i dont know why. Its says that there was a hardware error but i could not find which piece of hardware had the issue.I am on windows 11....
  3. why does my pc keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my pc keep crashing?: my pc keeps crashing on a daily basis and i dont know why. Its says that there was a hardware error but i could not find which piece of hardware had the issue.I am on windows 11....
  4. Why does my pc keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc keep crashing?: When I’m playing a game or even when there’s no application open sometimes my monitor will go black and I can still hear audio even when I’m on a call and they can hear me still. When I try to press any keys while this is happening I get that windows error bell sound. My fans...
  5. Why does my pc keep crashing?

Why does my pc keep crashing?: When I’m playing a game or even when there’s no application open sometimes my monitor will go black and I can still hear audio even when I’m on a call and they can hear me still. When I try to press any keys while this is happening I get that windows error bell sound. My fans...
  6. Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?: Hi, I built the original version of my Windows 10 Home PC in October of 2022. About a month ago, I upgraded the CPU in my system to have an i5-13600K.Here are my specs:Asus Prime B660M-A D4 LGA 1700 motherboardIntel i5-13600K cpuNvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition...
  7. Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?: Hi, I built the original version of my Windows 10 Home PC in October of 2022. About a month ago, I upgraded the CPU in my system to have an i5-13600K.Here are my specs:Asus Prime B660M-A D4 LGA 1700 motherboardIntel i5-13600K cpuNvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition...
  8. Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?

9. Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD?

Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD?: Hello, I am new here and was wondering if I could get help with my PC. It constantly crashes BSOD with either "unexpected store exception" or "kernel inpage error".rtx 2060aorus z390 wifi prohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Auz8q29hW5bdgVqBfYELZ_QAfAUF?e=SFvu9Phere are my crash logs. Ive...
  10. Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC keep crashing/BSOD?: Hello, I am new here and was wondering if I could get help with my PC. It constantly crashes BSOD with either "unexpected store exception" or "kernel inpage error".rtx 2060aorus z390 wifi prohttps://1drv.ms/u/s!Auz8q29hW5bdgVqBfYELZ_QAfAUF?e=SFvu9Phere are my crash logs. Ive...