Windows 10: Why does my PC keep hard freezing with a Hardware Error?

Discus and support Why does my PC keep hard freezing with a Hardware Error? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the past month or two I've been having a problem where my PC will completely freeze up but I can still hear sound playing in the background. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Meemze9547, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Why does my PC keep hard freezing with a Hardware Error?

For the past month or two I've been having a problem where my PC will completely freeze up but I can still hear sound playing in the background. This has happened i think 4 times over the last 2 months. 2 of the times I was watching YouTube in chrome and it froze yet the audio continued playing fine with no glitches. The other 3 I was just opening epic games launcher. Every time I am forced to hard reset.

I looked in reliability history and found this:

Source

Windows

Summary

Hardware error

Date

‎29/‎01/‎2020 10:31 AM

Status

Not reported

Description

A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Code: 193

Parameter 1: 810

Parameter 2: 0

Parameter 3: 0

Parameter 4: 0

OS version: 10_0_18363

Service Pack: 0_0

Product: 256_1

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 3081

I recently upgraded to a 5700xt but I had the same problem on my old RX570

I am on latest drivers 20.1.4

Specs:

Ryzen 5 2600

Asus B450-F GAMING

Gigabyte Gaming OC 5700XT

16GB Team T-Force 3200mhz

Thanks in advance,

Ben

EDIT: I looked in event viewer and saw this at the same time as the freeze

https://pastebin.com/NiypjiBc

I don't know what it means but a month or two ago I had a BSOD with the DPC_WATCHGOD_VIOLATION and I saw watchdog in there

:)

Meemze9547, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Divin3 Win User

Windows 10 hangs/freezes on Restart

If this happens even during installation, that means that it is probably a hardware issue. To troubleshoot the problem, I suggest doing the following steps:

1. Install Hard Disk Sentinel and use it to check your HDD/SSD for problems.
    2. Use MemTest to make sure that your RAM is ok. Here is a how to - guide.

After You done these two steps, give a feedback of the results.

Divin3, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Why does my PC keep hard freezing with a Hardware Error?

PC Freezes

Hello,

To isolate your Windows 10 freezing issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Aside from this error, are you also getting other error codes or messages?
    • Where do you usually experience this freezing issue? Is it during startup?
    • Other troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Michelle Vil, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Why does my PC keep hard freezing with a Hardware Error?

1. Why does my PC keep hard freezing with a Hardware Error? - Similar Threads - Why does keep

2. WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING: I can play games for the most part without it freezing it freezes on games every couple days , it’ll go a couple days without freezing then one day it will freeze 10 times it’s unresponsive and i have to power off of and turn back on happens mainly when i try to download...
  3. WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING: I can play games for the most part without it freezing it freezes on games every couple days , it’ll go a couple days without freezing then one day it will freeze 10 times it’s unresponsive and i have to power off of and turn back on happens mainly when i try to download...
  4. WHY DOES MY PC KEEP FREEZING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my laptop keep freezing?

Why does my laptop keep freezing?: Recently, my laptop has been freezing intermittently without warning or any error message. It happens every couple of days and rebooting resolves the issue until it happens again. Here is a shot of my sysinfo:I realize this isn't much to go on, but I don't know enough about...
  6. Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?: Hi, I built the original version of my Windows 10 Home PC in October of 2022. About a month ago, I upgraded the CPU in my system to have an i5-13600K.Here are my specs:Asus Prime B660M-A D4 LGA 1700 motherboardIntel i5-13600K cpuNvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition...
  7. Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?: Hi, I built the original version of my Windows 10 Home PC in October of 2022. About a month ago, I upgraded the CPU in my system to have an i5-13600K.Here are my specs:Asus Prime B660M-A D4 LGA 1700 motherboardIntel i5-13600K cpuNvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Founders Edition...
  8. Why does my PC keep freezing and crashing?

9. My pc keeps hard freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc keeps hard freezing: Hello my pc keeps freezing only when i play games my mouse and keyboard stops responding i can still hear sound for a few minutes then nothing and i have to turn the power off and on , the problem started when i switched from a tv to a 144hz monitor, my tv was limited to 60...
  10. My pc keeps hard freezing

My pc keeps hard freezing: Hello my pc keeps freezing only when i play games my mouse and keyboard stops responding i can still hear sound for a few minutes then nothing and i have to turn the power off and on , the problem started when i switched from a tv to a 144hz monitor, my tv was limited to 60...