Windows 10: Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

Discus and support Why does my PC not connect to Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Purchased new monitor but my PC will not connect tried a new driver but sill need a new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maureenBlanchard1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

Purchased new monitor but my PC will not connect tried a new driver but sill need a new one

:)

maureenBlanchard1, Nov 24, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Nov 24, 2018
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

1. Why does my PC not connect to Monitor - Similar Threads - Why does connect

2. Why does my phone and PC not connect specifically with eachother?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my phone and PC not connect specifically with eachother?: Hello, I have this problem for quite a while now. My phone and Pc don't connect Via Bluetooth for almost a year now. I remember connecting them with the phone link app and even handing some phone calls on my PC. I tried connecting my phone with another PC and my PC with...
  3. Why does my phone and PC not connect specifically with eachother?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my phone and PC not connect specifically with eachother?: Hello, I have this problem for quite a while now. My phone and Pc don't connect Via Bluetooth for almost a year now. I remember connecting them with the phone link app and even handing some phone calls on my PC. I tried connecting my phone with another PC and my PC with...
  4. Why does my PC not connect to my school's network properly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my PC not connect to my school's network properly?: Hello,So my laptop HP Envy is having difficulties connecting to my school's network. I have only owned the laptop since November last year and I find this to be a painful experience, especially going into assessments. It causes frustration for both me and my teachers as most...
  5. Why does my PC not connect to my school's network properly?

Why does my PC not connect to my school's network properly?: Hello,So my laptop HP Envy is having difficulties connecting to my school's network. I have only owned the laptop since November last year and I find this to be a painful experience, especially going into assessments. It causes frustration for both me and my teachers as most...
  6. Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?

Why does my laptop go black after connecting to external monitor?: Everytime i connect my external monitor to my laptop by usb my laptop screen goes black and my external monitor freezes. When I disconnect it and reconnect it my laptop stays on a black screen and my external screen too.To fix it ive been shutting down my computer and...
  7. Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio issues: My pc is attempting to connect to my monitor for sound, and does not...: Pretty much all in the title. My pc is otherwise working fine. It may help to know that I'm using displayport to connect the gpu and monitor together, and I don't think displayport is even capable of delivering sound......
  8. Why does my PC hang during connected standby?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC hang during connected standby?: Hi all, I have a Dell XPS 9310 which I bought in Jan 2021 and is running Windows 10.0.19042 Build 19042. For around 6 weeks now, whenever the PC goes to sleep connected standby, after a few minutes of sleep, it becomes unwakeable: high fan speed, black screen,...
  9. Why does my second monitor not work when my projector is connected?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my second monitor not work when my projector is connected?: I am working with my IT administrator to solve a problem with one of our school computers. We had to upgrade one computer setup from one monitor to two monitors. Everything worked great except the projector because that is only connected by VGA and the monitors were connected...
  10. Why does my laptop run slower when it's NOT connected to my external monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop run slower when it's NOT connected to my external monitor?: I feel stupid. I'm starting to think because it's so used to running with the monitor hooked up that it's now slow running without it. Logically speaking now: Could it be since my laptop's screen is 4k and the monitor is a standard 1920x1080? I do not know the refresh rate...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc monitor

2. why are my monitors not connecting to my desktop?

3. when i restart wy win 10 my wireless monitor is not connected

4. why does my 1440p monitor not work with my computer