Windows 10: Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

Discus and support Why does my PC not connect to Monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Purchased new monitor but my PC will not connect tried a new driver but sill need a new one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maureenBlanchard1, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

Purchased new monitor but my PC will not connect tried a new driver but sill need a new one

:)

maureenBlanchard1, Nov 24, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Nov 24, 2018
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

Night Light Setting and Third Monitor.

Hi Reagan,

We would like to ask you some questions in order assist you properly:

• Did Night light work previously on all three monitors?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your PC?
    • Are you getting an error message on the third monitor regarding Night light?
    • Is the third monitor being detected by your PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you performed so far?

While waiting for your response, we suggest that you try to connect your third monitor to what you are using on the 2 working monitors to see if it is only a loose connection issue.

Regards.

Rolando Vil, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Why does my PC not connect to Monitor

1. Why does my PC not connect to Monitor - Similar Threads - Why does connect

2. Why does my PC occasionally chime?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my PC occasionally chime?: Every now and then my laptop will give the little three tone notification chime when there’s no notification that i can see and there are no open apps that coud cause it, how can i find out the reason?...
  3. Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my monitor go black but audio is fine: Every time i get on netflix, my monitor will randomly go black, but the video is still playing because i can hear the audio. I have no control of my keyboard or mouse and i cant see anything. the only way ive been fixing this is by manually shutting down the computer and...
  4. Why does my PC 100% disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why does my PC 100% disk: I have had my pc for around 2 and a half years now and I have recently started to have a problem where it seems to jump up to 100% disk with just a simple task of opening google chrome. I don't really know what to do about it and really would like it if I could get some help....
  5. connecting pc to laptop, as a monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connecting pc to laptop, as a monitor: hello, how do i connect my pc to my laptop, wirelessly, as a second monitor. my pc is not recognizing my laptop, under "detect." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-pc-to-laptop-as-a-monitor/2f8b90ad-95ac-41cb-b938-e806181b1e8d
  6. connect 3 monitors to my pc

connect 3 monitors to my pc: how I can connect 3 monitors to my pc? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-3-monitors-to-my-pc/f098470f-17e7-4a15-84fb-3f0093f29ab0
  7. Why does my laptop run slower when it's NOT connected to my external monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop run slower when it's NOT connected to my external monitor?: I feel stupid. I'm starting to think because it's so used to running with the monitor hooked up that it's now slow running without it. Logically speaking now: Could it be since my laptop's screen is 4k and the monitor is a standard 1920x1080? I do not know the refresh rate...
  8. Why does junk run on my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does junk run on my PC: Why does this junk run in Windows 10 ? Microsoft.BingWeatherRunTimeBrokerStandardCollector.ServiceYourPhone 139051
  9. Unable to connect 2nd monitor to my PC

Unable to connect 2nd monitor to my PC: So today i tried to connect my borther's old monitor to my setup and after 2 hours of switching cables between dvi, hdmi only one of the monitors work at the time. The monitor im trying to connect is Benq g2411hd and my main monitor is samsung SyncMaster P2770. My pc specs...
  10. Why does Win 10 keep switching my monitors?

Why does Win 10 keep switching my monitors?: I have a Dell Latitude from work. Before it was an 5560. I have two HD monitors plugged into the docking station. I have a docking station at both home and work. For a while, it would switch my monitors at both locations and always display the main screen in the right-hand...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc monitor

2. why are my monitors not connecting to my desktop?

3. when i restart wy win 10 my wireless monitor is not connected

4. why does my 1440p monitor not work with my computer