Windows 10: Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect?

Discus and support Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, Just curious about some issues that I'm having with my pc regarding the audio. The issue that I am having is my pc will only allow the hands... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zypted, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Zypted Win User

Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect?

Hello all, Just curious about some issues that I'm having with my pc regarding the audio. The issue that I am having is my pc will only allow the hands free audio version of my device to connect. My Bluetooth headphones this isn't just an issue with one pair of headphones, it's any headphone I try to connect connects to my pc completely fine, it's just that the audio sounds like **** because it will only allow the hands free audio version to connect, and not the stereo. I tried going into the sound settings and connecting the stereo version but when I right click on the disconnected stereo

:)

Zypted, Dec 2, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

'Allow a device to connect' is greyed out

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your USB Port. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top
      right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Step 2: I suggest you to check the Bluetooth Settings and check if it helps.

• Open Control Panel by clicking the
      Windows + X,

• In the Control Panel search box, type
      Bluetooth, and then click Change Bluetooth settings.

• In the Bluetooth Settings dialog box, click the
      Options tab and do any of the following:

• To make your computer discoverable to Bluetooth enabled devices, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to find this computer.

• To allow you to add Bluetooth enabled devices to your computer, select the check box for
      Allow Bluetooth devices to connect to this computer.

• To be notified when a Bluetooth enabled device is trying to connect to your computer, select the check box for
      Alert me when a new Bluetooth device wants to connect.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 2, 2022
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    ATi HDMI Audio

Vista/Win7 only allows audio output through one playback device(whichever is selected as the default). XP and all previous versions of Windows, output the sound through all the devices connected to the PC regardless of what was the default.

Took me forever to figure out why I couldn't get audio through my GTX285. I thought I suggested you try this before you traded your GTX260?

newtekie1, Dec 2, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Bluetooth Audio Devices are not connecting in lenovo laptop

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to connect a Bluetooth audio device to your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• May I know the audio device that you are attempting to connect?
    • Are you able to connect any other Bluetooth device to the computer?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the complete model number of the computer that you are using?

I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article
    Fix Bluetooth problems in Windows 10 and see if that helps.

You may also want to check the settings mentioned below:

1. Press Windows + I key to open
      Setting
      . Select Devices.
    2. Click on Bluetooth & other devices. Toggle the switch to turn on the
      Bluetooth.
    3. Now click on More Bluetooth options
      link from the right pane.
    4. Press Windows + X key and select
      Device Manager
      from the context menu.
    5. Spot and expand the “Bluetooth”. Right click on the driver and select
      “Properties”
    6. Now select Power Management tab. Then
      uncheck the box beside “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”.
    7. Now go to the Bluetooth Settings window opened in
      step 3. Select Options tab
    8. Check the box beside Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC. Click
      OK
    9. Now check if you are able to detect and add the controller

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect? - Similar Threads - Why does allow

2. Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect?: Hello all, Just curious about some issues that I'm having with my pc regarding the audio. The issue that I am having is my pc will only allow the hands free audio version of my device to connect. My Bluetooth headphones this isn't just an issue with one pair of headphones,...
  3. Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc only allow the hands free audio version of my device connect?: Hello all, Just curious about some issues that I'm having with my pc regarding the audio. The issue that I am having is my pc will only allow the hands free audio version of my device to connect. My Bluetooth headphones this isn't just an issue with one pair of headphones,...
  4. Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio: Hello, I am able to connect my Apple Airpods to my desktop via my TP-Link Archer TX3000E Wifi/Bluetooth adapter. But for some reason I am only able to use the Hands-Free AG Audio source and not the Stereo source which has the much better audio quality. As shown in the picture...
  5. Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio: Hello, I am able to connect my Apple Airpods to my desktop via my TP-Link Archer TX3000E Wifi/Bluetooth adapter. But for some reason I am only able to use the Hands-Free AG Audio source and not the Stereo source which has the much better audio quality. As shown in the picture...
  6. Cannot connect Airpods with Stereo, only Hands-Free Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode

Bluetooth Earbuds Only Allow Hands-Free Mode: Up until yesterday, my earbuds had the option between normal use and hands-free, but now connecting them only allows hands-free. The normal use seems to have been completely removed. Additionally, when connecting the earbuds, it will only display as voice sometimes when...
  8. My Bluetooth Headphone is listed only as a hands-free audio in playback devices

My Bluetooth Headphone is listed only as a hands-free audio in playback devices: I got this new Bluetooth adapter, and it works perfectly except when I connect my Bluetooth headphones the audio quality is terrible.I searched everything and everywhere and I didn't get a fully answer. I tried unchecking the hands-free Telephony box, trying to look if there...
  9. Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo

Bluetooth audio device only connects as hands-free audio headset; disconnects headphone/stereo: Hello, While there have been issues like mine in the past, I think mines a little special. I've been able to connect my bluetooth headset, howeverI would prefer to use it as an audio output only. In the past I have been able to do this, however now I've run into some...
  10. [HELP] Bose QC35s only connect as Hands-Free AG Audio on PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [HELP] Bose QC35s only connect as Hands-Free AG Audio on PC: Apparently Windows 10 came out with an update that is messing up bluetooth devices recently. My QC35s will connect but it only allows me to connect as "Hands-Free AG Audio". The audio quality is terrible, muffled, and cuts in and out. There was a few people who had the same...