Windows 10: Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?

Discus and support Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When i play games Like Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World or Minecraft My Pc Shuts restarts. It happens differently for every game. Destiny will let me be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by josuacohl volker, Mar 4, 2024.

1. Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?

When i play games Like Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World or Minecraft My Pc Shuts restarts. It happens differently for every game. Destiny will let me be in but when I Start a match then the PC will restart. With Minecraft I Can play for a bit before it restarts and Monster Hunter World just restarts the PC as soon as I Click play. But the PC works without issue when playing a old game that Uses OpenGL like Citra Emulators Pokémon Y and the PPSSPP emulator metal Gear Solid Peace Walker or When I watch TV shows on Netflix or YouTube. Ive Uninstalled and Reinstalled my Graphics cards Drivers. I

:)

josuacohl volker, Mar 4, 2024

2. unable to play some games with directx 12

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• What happens when you try to play the games with the DirectX 12? Do you get any error message/code? If yes, then provide us the complete error message/code.
    If you are unable to play games which doesn't support DirectX 12 then, you can manually download the supportable DirectX for the games.

I suggest you to refer to the below article on How to install the latest version of DirectX.

How to install the latest version of DirectX - Microsoft Support

Some games comes with the supported DirectX application embedded within the game's application, so that you can install it manually from the game.

You can also try to open the games in the compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the game and click on ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8/8.1 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed.

• Once this is done, Restart the computer.
    Please get back to us with an update. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Punith_Kumar, Mar 4, 2024
  3. DaveM121 (2), Mar 4, 2024
  4. Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?

Directx 11 not working on directx 12

Can somebody help me i have directx 12 installed on my pc but when i launch a game it says dx11 required and another thing is that steam installed directx 11 for me and it dosent make sense because directx 9.0c games work but not directx 11 while i have directx 12 installed

Mango-slayer, Mar 4, 2024
Thema:

Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?

1. Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12? - Similar Threads - Why Does shut

2. Why does Directx 12 only work on some of my games?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Directx 12 only work on some of my games?: So I have a gaming laptop that I use and the system says it can run Directx 12, however when I try to run some games Lords of the Fallen and Remnant 2 it says that the system doesn’t support directx 12 but when I run other games that also require directx 12 Lies of P it works...
  3. Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games: Hello, I have a problem where my pc shuts down when I play any game for more than a few mins, sometimes even instantly. the only game I can play are small Roblox games with graphics set to minimum and even sometimes it shuts down. I turned task manager and realized that it...
  4. Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games: Hello, I have a problem where my pc shuts down when I play any game for more than a few mins, sometimes even instantly. the only game I can play are small Roblox games with graphics set to minimum and even sometimes it shuts down. I turned task manager and realized that it...
  5. Why does my pc keep shutting down when i play games

6. DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 are not working on my PC

DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 are not working on my PC: When I'm trying to launch a game which is using DirectX 11 or DirectX 12 I receive a white screen. Sometimes the game is starting but after a few seconds it's freezing with sound ON, the only chance to close that game is to force shut down.I tried to run a benchmark, PassMark...
  7. Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?: When i play games Like Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World or Minecraft My Pc Shuts restarts. It happens differently for every game. Destiny will let me be in but when I Start a match then the PC will restart. With Minecraft I Can play for a bit before it restarts and Monster...
  8. Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?

Why Does My PC shut Down whenever I Play games With DirectX 11- 12?: When i play games Like Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World or Minecraft My Pc Shuts restarts. It happens differently for every game. Destiny will let me be in but when I Start a match then the PC will restart. With Minecraft I Can play for a bit before it restarts and Monster...
  9. can I play directx 9 games on directx 12 platforms.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I play directx 9 games on directx 12 platforms.: Can I play directx 9.0 games on my windows 10 platform? I have a Dell optiplex 9010 with nvidio gt 730 graphics card. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. My computer shuts down whenever I am playing a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer shuts down whenever I am playing a game.: Every time I play a game my computer shuts down, with no warning or anything. I get 2 error messages, Event ID 56: "The description for Event ID 56 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local...