Windows 10: Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

Discus and support Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Poggerson Mike, Dec 20, 2022.

1. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY

:)

Poggerson Mike, Dec 20, 2022

2. PC does not shut down requires forece shut down

Hello,

We really appreciate your patience. Let me give you few more troubleshooting steps which might apply to your situation and ascertain the cause of the issue.

• Try removing all the external peripheral devices including all usb drives except keyboard, mouse and monitor and check.
    • Try to shut down the computer while forcing the running applications and check the results in the subsequent restart. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      shutdown -s -f and press enter.

If it still does not help, try to view the Event IDs in Event Viewer to check for specific events triggering the issue.

To view activities in Windows, I suggest you to open the Event Viewer. To do so, follow the below steps.

• Go to the Control Panel and choose to click on the
      Administrative Tools icon.
    • The above action will open up a new window of the Administrative Tools where you will see the
      Event Viewer.

Please write to us with the results.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 20, 2022
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Dec 20, 2022
  4. Ernie San Win User

Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Dec 20, 2022
Thema:

Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

1. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key - Similar Threads - Why does shut

2. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎8/‎30/‎2023 7:16 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9e0369238210Parameter 2:...
  3. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?: SourceWindowsSummaryHardware errorDate‎8/‎30/‎2023 7:16 PMStatusNot reportedDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffff9e0369238210Parameter 2:...
  4. Why does my computer keep shutting off when gaming?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  6. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep: This problem recently started where when I click to sleep on my pc, all the lights will stay on and the fans will run for a few minutes before they stop, and then when I turn it back on, it’s restarts, meaning my pc shut down instead of sleeping. I sometimes get a blue screen...
  7. Pc shuts off when I hit to sleep

8. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  9. Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key

Why does my pc shut off when i hit a key: My pc shuts off when i hit insert key WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-shut-off-when-i-hit-a-key/bc569c22-3ba4-4659-8f3b-3b80b1156e25
  10. how do I shut off tic tic noise when I hit keys on the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I shut off tic tic noise when I hit keys on the keyboard?: when I strike a key, it makes a tic tic noise. how do I shut this off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-shut-off-tic-tic-noise-when-i-hit-keys-on/242589b7-e9cc-46fd-b4b9-1d2ae03316d3