Windows 10: Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

Discus and support Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does my PC undo Windows Updates in respect of Windows 10 on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoolyAndSqueeze, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

Why does my PC undo Windows Updates in respect of Windows 10 on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

:)

CoolyAndSqueeze, Oct 24, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Oct 24, 2020
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

1. Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates? - Similar Threads - Why does undo

2. Why is my pc updating to 60% and then undoes changes??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my pc updating to 60% and then undoes changes??: Hi, my name is Youcef.want to ask, every time I update my windows 10 it updates till 60%, right? well not in my Case... It reaches the minimum of 60% and then restarts my computer and it will undo Changes. So, if there is a solution for it, please reply to this thread.Thanks,...
  3. Why is my pc updating to 60% and then undoes changes??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my pc updating to 60% and then undoes changes??: Hi, my name is Youcef.want to ask, every time I update my windows 10 it updates till 60%, right? well not in my Case... It reaches the minimum of 60% and then restarts my computer and it will undo Changes. So, if there is a solution for it, please reply to this thread.Thanks,...
  4. Why is my pc updating to 60% and then undoes changes??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Undoing changes after restart pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Undoing changes after restart pc: Sorry sir i have a problem after restart my pc .... After load 76 its showing undoing changes for long time... I hope u can solve my problem on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-after-restart-pc/7a114074-2d77-4c56-a94b-bcf2c449d792
  6. Undoing changes after restart pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undoing changes after restart pc: Sorry sir i have a problem after restart my pc .... After load 76 its showing undoing changes for long time... I hope u can solve my problem on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/undoing-changes-after-restart-pc/7a114074-2d77-4c56-a94b-bcf2c449d792
  7. Undoing changes after restart pc

8. Update does not install even after restarting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update does not install even after restarting PC: For days my PC is showing to update for Windows 11 version 22H2 KB5028185 by restarting,but no matter how many times I restart,the installation is not done and the notice keeps popping up.I have no idea what the reason is, what should I do?...
  9. Update does not install even after restarting PC

Update does not install even after restarting PC: For days my PC is showing to update for Windows 11 version 22H2 KB5028185 by restarting,but no matter how many times I restart,the installation is not done and the notice keeps popping up.I have no idea what the reason is, what should I do?...
  10. Why does my PC lag after I update windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC lag after I update windows?: Hello, First of all, let me list my PC specs so you guys know what my PC can and cannot do: MSI B150 PCMATE motherboard, 16GB DDR4 ram, MSI RX480 8GB, 600W EVGA PSU, Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, i5-6500 cpu My problem has been happening for the past 2 years and I have yet...