Windows 10: Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

Discus and support Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why does my PC undo Windows Updates in respect of Windows 10 on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CoolyAndSqueeze, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

Why does my PC undo Windows Updates in respect of Windows 10 on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

:)

CoolyAndSqueeze, Oct 24, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

3. TC-man Win User
    Windows Update keeps failing!

Hi,

I had once a similar issue like yours, i.e. not able to update Windows 7. What I did to solve the problems is:

- go to control panel, then to "Troubleshouting" > "System and Security" > "Fix problems with Windows update" > click "Advanced" > choose "Apply repairs automatically".

And Windows will start detecting the issues and will repair "Windows update components". The problems should be fixed now, close the program, restart the PC, and see if the mentioned steps have fixed the problems you mentioned.

Hope it works for you.

Good luck!

TC-man, Oct 24, 2020
  4. KTR
    ktr Win User

Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates?

1. Why does my PC undo Windows Updates on restarting after the seemingly-successful updates? - Similar Threads - Why does undo

2. Why does Windows restart?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows restart?: I was working on something yesterday evening and it got late. So, I paused the VM I was working in and put the computer to sleep. The next morning, the computer is running and it did restart fully at some point during the night. My question is: what the ****? I'd say that's...
  3. why does my pc restarts after i click shot down?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why does my pc restarts after i click shot down?: why does my pc restarts after i click shot down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-pc-restarts-after-i-click-shot-down/7988f373-9724-4696-9264-c5d8e503dc12
  4. PC will not restart after update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC will not restart after update.: I can shut my PC down and start it up again without any problems, but if I restart it to install an update, software etc., it just hangs. The PC is still running and the fans are working, but the monitor is black and the wired mouse and keyboard are off. The only way to sort...
  5. My PC does not start after an update error?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My PC does not start after an update error?: My PC has made an update to the latest Windows 10 but now no longer uploads or is only in continuous loop. The update was also not successful and the PC tried to install the settings back to the old settings after an error message. How do I get the problem solved ? F2 Setup...
  6. why does my folders stop responding and then pc restarts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why does my folders stop responding and then pc restarts?: I am so darn frustrated, this is a brand new computer. When I am working in my folders they stop responding the windows has to restart. I have done everything I can think of. Did the CheckHealth No Componet Store Corruption Detected. The Operation completed Successfully.,...
  7. why does my pc need restart before the sound works after latest update - again!

why does my pc need restart before the sound works after latest update - again!: Hi why does my pc need restart before the sound works after latest update - again! Microsoft did this before some time ago and fixed it with further updates sometime later. Seems they left these fixes off this time! Nothing has changed on my PC apart from the latest...
  8. Why does my PC lag after I update windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my PC lag after I update windows?: Hello, First of all, let me list my PC specs so you guys know what my PC can and cannot do: MSI B150 PCMATE motherboard, 16GB DDR4 ram, MSI RX480 8GB, 600W EVGA PSU, Hyper 212 EVO CPU Cooler, i5-6500 cpu My problem has been happening for the past 2 years and I have yet...
  9. Updates require restart - and they never show successful!

Updates require restart - and they never show successful!: Yesterday I had my first successful windows update (KB4023057 - Update for Windows 10 Version 1803) since mid-August when I reinstalled WIndows 10. Most updates since then all show "Requires a restart" and they never complete. However, this KB4023057 seems to indicate that...
  10. Update does not seem to be working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update does not seem to be working: Did a clean install a couple weeks ago (Win 10 Pro 64bit v1709, build 16299.309). However, every time I check for updates I get 'you are up to date'. However, my wife's 10 Pro (same version and build) has updated several time since December and is currently installing...