Windows 10: Why does my printer go offline on Windows 10 computer when the computer goes to sleep or...

Discus and support Why does my printer go offline on Windows 10 computer when the computer goes to sleep or... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP 6980 printer that I have been using successfully for many years in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. After recently updating my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gf1, Nov 20, 2020.

1. GF1
    gf1 Win User

Why does my printer go offline on Windows 10 computer when the computer goes to sleep or...

I have an HP 6980 printer that I have been using successfully for many years in Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10. After recently updating my computer to Windows 10 version 19041.630 my printer now goes into "offline" status every time my computer goes to sleep. I have found that the quickest way to resolve this is from the Control Panel > Devices and Printer page by right clicking on the printer and running the troubleshooter. This appears to reset the print spool and corrects the problem. Why did the latest Windows update break this? Before this last update, my printer would always stay on-line between sleep sessions.

:)

2. 95Viper Win User

Wi-fi printer goes Offline

My HP goes to sleep to save power... when it does I get "scan to computer offline" and my devices shows "Not Connected"; however, it wakes to print, scan, etc.

See if it has any sleep/hibernate options in the preference's menu on the printer or other places.

95Viper, Nov 20, 2020
  3. PRINTER CONSTANTLY goes OFFLINE on Windows 10 computer.

Well since I have upgraded to Windows 10, there is an endemic problem or issue with the interaction between both of my computers (HP and Asus) and the HP officejet pro 6830. For no apparent reason the printer goes offline

and the only way to get it back is to shut down everything (e.g., computer(s) and printer) and bring them up again.

I've tried every recommended suggestion and NONE of them work Why does my printer go offline on Windows 10 computer when the computer goes to sleep or... :( From checking printer services, starting and restarting the service, downloading and running troubleshooting steps, checking for system updates for software.

Everything checks out --unfortunately, it seems to me that this problem is something that Microsoft can't get their act together and fix.

It doesn't help that the Windows 10 error message tells me it's offline, why can't it provide me with an action to

re-select the printer and put the darn thing BACK on line.....why oh why can this not be fixed.

There are too many people reporting problems with almost every type of computer and printer--the only common denominator seems to be Windows 10!!!!! argh.

GEORGIAKILLCRECE, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Why does my printer go offline on Windows 10 computer when the computer goes to sleep or...

Printer goes offline when PC goes into sleep mode

Printer goes offline when PC (64 bit) goes to sleep and remains offline until I reload printer driver from Epson. This is a windows 10 problem. My windows updates are complete.

Anyone know of a Fix please?John

JohnHardaker, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Why does my printer go offline on Windows 10 computer when the computer goes to sleep or...

1. Why does my printer go offline on Windows 10 computer when the computer goes to sleep or... - Similar Threads - Why does printer

2. Why does my computer go to sleep when I click on "Hibernate"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does my computer go to sleep when I click on "Hibernate": Instead of going directly to hibernation or Locking > Hibernate, my Windows 10 computer goes Locking > shut down. Another person asked a similar question and the MVP person replied that before a computer goes into hibernation it goes into locking. But my computer doesn't...
  3. Why does my computer go to sleep when I click on "Hibernate"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my computer go to sleep when I click on "Hibernate": Instead of going directly to hibernation or Locking > Hibernate, my Windows 10 computer goes Locking > shut down. Another person asked a similar question and the MVP person replied that before a computer goes into hibernation it goes into locking. But my computer doesn't...
  4. Why my computer does not go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my computer does not go to sleep?: When i press sleep button on keyboard,my computer goes to sleep but it goes out in sleep and turn on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-does-not-go-to-sleep/1116b08a-5c37-4ca4-88cd-ea0fe3ad2cfe
  5. Why my computer does not go to sleep?

Why my computer does not go to sleep?: When i press sleep button on keyboard,my computer goes to sleep but it goes out in sleep and turn on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-does-not-go-to-sleep/1116b08a-5c37-4ca4-88cd-ea0fe3ad2cfe
  6. the computer does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the computer does not go to sleep.: The computer does not fully enter sleep mode. as soon as I press the sleep mode button, the monitors seem to turn off, but the cooler does not want to stop. However, for all the friends who also have windows 10, when they are put into sleep mode, their PC turns off....
  7. the computer does not go to sleep.

the computer does not go to sleep.: The computer does not fully enter sleep mode. as soon as I press the sleep mode button, the monitors seem to turn off, but the cooler does not want to stop. However, for all the friends who also have windows 10, when they are put into sleep mode, their PC turns off....
  8. the computer does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. computer does not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    computer does not go to sleep: my screen does not go black after set time, and the computer won't sleep either. if I don't shut down, it will stay on indefinitely. this problem surfaced only recently. until then, the screen would black out after 10-15 minutes, and the computer would go to sleep after an...
  10. Why does my printer go "offline"?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does my printer go "offline"?: I went to the question about this in the "Community" and all I got back was one answer (that didn't work) and a bunch of like questions. Can someone answer clearly and simply what to do when running Windows 10 (grrr) and printer constantly is "off line"? I transcribe for a...