Windows 10: Why does my router have a different country code than US ?

Discus and support Why does my router have a different country code than US ? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My network diagnostic report showed other networks in the area with US country code, but my router has a XO country code. Why?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RobertHadden1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Why does my router have a different country code than US ?

My network diagnostic report showed other networks in the area with US country code, but my router has a XO country code. Why?

:)

RobertHadden1, Sep 4, 2018
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Country Code

With the phone, I'm not sure. try looking in Outlook on your desktop. In my country we don't have area codes so I'm not sure how all this stuff really works. In Outlook, there's an option to add country/region code to numbers.

• In Contacts, on the Actions menu, point to Call Contact, and then click
      New Call.
    • Click Dialing Options.
    • Select the Automatically add country/region code to local phone numbers check box.
      The country/region code added is for the selection in the Country/region list on the
      General tab of the Edit Location dialog box (in the New Call dialog box, click
      Dialing Properties, and then click Edit).
    Note If the Automatically add country/region code to local phone numbers check box is not available, Microsoft Outlook doesn't recognize the phone number format for the specified country code and cannot automatically format phone numbers.

Hope this helps.

Linley Meslier, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Why does my router have a different country code than US ?

wireless conection to router

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to know the following information:

• Are you able to see the router's name in the wireless networks list?
    • Are you able to connect to the router but unable to connect to the Internet?
    • Do you receive any error message when connecting to the router? If yes, what is the exact error message that you receive?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Network troubleshooter. The Network troubleshooter can help diagnose and fix common connection problems. Kindly follow the steps below:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type Network troubleshooter, and then select
      Identify and repair network problems from the list of results.
    • Follow the steps in the troubleshooter and see if that fixes the problem.

If the issue persists, kindly try the troubleshooting steps on the following link:

Fix network connection issues in Windows 10

We recommend that you try the steps on the Update the network adapter driver,
    Run the Network troubleshooter followed by networking commands,
    Temporarily turn off firewalls
    and Use network reset to reinstall network devices sections.

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

Why does my router have a different country code than US ?

1. Why does my router have a different country code than US ? - Similar Threads - Why does router

2. my country code is not available?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my country code is not available?: it won’t send me a code because it’s “invalid request” like what am i supposed to do? change my number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-country-code-is-not-available/84a45a8e-0a3f-4ba0-b1ac-9245441e789b
  3. my country code is not available?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my country code is not available?: it won’t send me a code because it’s “invalid request” like what am i supposed to do? change my number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-country-code-is-not-available/84a45a8e-0a3f-4ba0-b1ac-9245441e789b
  4. Why does my pc have low bars and devices way far from the router have more bars than mine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my pc have low bars and devices way far from the router have more bars than mine?: the wifi connection used to reach until my room but suddenly it stopped reaching there only on my device, other devices the Newtwork reaches there perfectly and in full bars, to use the network i have to go all the way to the sitting room so i can use it on my laptop where...
  5. Why does my pc have low bars and devices way far from the router have more bars than mine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my pc have low bars and devices way far from the router have more bars than mine?: the wifi connection used to reach until my room but suddenly it stopped reaching there only on my device, other devices the Newtwork reaches there perfectly and in full bars, to use the network i have to go all the way to the sitting room so i can use it on my laptop where...
  6. Why does my pc have low bars and devices way far from the router have more bars than mine?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???

Why does Microsoft hate us having home networks???: Another update and yet again my small home network of 6 Win 10 machines, 5 NAS servers is trashed!! I can only see the NAS servers none of the Win 10 machines will see each other or share files so its another round of resetting things on the machines like SMB settings which...
  8. Why does microsoft hate us having networks??

Why does microsoft hate us having networks??: YESTERDAY YET ANOTHER UPDATE WAS FORCED UPON MY COMPUTERS WHICH SHUT DOWN MY NETWORK ONLY A SMALL ONE COMPRISING OF 6 MACHINES AND 5 NAS UNITS AND PRINTERS BY RESETTING EVERYTHING BACK TO WHAT IT WAS MONTHS AGO MEANING I HAD TO WASTE 2 HOURS OF MY TIME RESETTING EVERYTHING...
  9. Difference between made in difference country.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Difference between made in difference country.: I want to know what is the difference between made in the USA vs. made in Vietnam windows 10 pro original. is there any difference in the specification or something else?...
  10. Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Why does Microsoft store show different price in my country ?: Hello, I was going to buy a game called "Minecraft dungeons hero edition" in Minecraft website it says 30$ and when I go to microsoft store with USA region it says 30$ like the site cool, but when I change the region to my country Egypt it says 265 EGP [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...