Windows 10: Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Discus and support Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamAossey, Jan 30, 2019.

1. SamAossey Win User

Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

:)

SamAossey, Jan 30, 2019

2. Microtek scanner on Win 10 Pro

Hi Jean,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• Is the scanner detected under Devices?
    • Were you able to see the scanner on the Device Manager?
    • Have you installed the latest driver for the scanner?

We suggest you to run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. To do this, follow the steps:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit enter.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we suggest you contact the manufacturer to get better assistance.

Do let us know if you need further assistance.

Monica Cam, Jan 30, 2019
  3. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer

Scanner

Hi JSmith,

Your scanner should be installed first in order for your computer to recognize it. Since you're using a printer/scanner in one, you need to add or install the device as a printer and as a scanner. Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your
    computer and is turned on when you try to install it. Follow these steps:

• Click Start > Settings > Devices.
    • Under Add printers & scanners, click the + sign and select
      Add device.

Once added, try checking if you're able to scan. If your computer still doesn't detect the scanner, then we suggest that you get in touch with HP Support for further assistance.

Feel free to let us know if you need more information.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does my scanner/printer not reconize my computer when the computer reconizes the scanner/printer - Similar Threads - Why does scanner

2. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  3. Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my Sharp printer/scanner only shows up as a scanner?: From Settings> Bluetooth & devices> Printers & scanners> Add device and my designated Sharp printer only comes up as its scanner? It has printed test sheets in the past, but I can't figure out how to connect the printer portion to my Windows computer. It is fully updated....
  4. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  5. My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printer/scanner icon does not show in Printers and Scanners.: My printer/scanner operates fine in multiple apps, shows in Device Manager, but the icon does not show in Printers and Scanners. I have the updated printer drivers, I have restarted the computer, etc. still no icon. I am running Windows Home 11. The icon was visible in...
  6. Scanner does not appear in "Printers & scanners"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner does not appear in "Printers & scanners": Windows 10 64 bit. I have an older Brother multi-function printer/scanner. Under Settings/Devices/Printers & scanners I find the device, but only the printer. MS website says to click on printer "Manage" and the scanner should appear there, but it does not. I have no way to...
  7. my printer/scanner can not find my computer

my printer/scanner can not find my computer: I am needing to scan some documents into my computer. When I try to scan it the scanner displays, No Computer Found. This is very odd because I have printed from this same computer to the same all in one printer. How do I get it to work?...
  8. Computer does not reconize IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer does not reconize IP address: Computer does not reconize IP address on manfactures device with its own IP Using Widows10 Using Ethernet direct connect to a device and problems found using Microsoft Network diagnostics reads "Ethernet 2" doesnt have a Valid IP configuration....
  9. printer and scanner

printer and scanner: my scanner not show on destop so I can not scan any documents. Kindly help me. thanks Hariom https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/printer-and-scanner/40e6688e-ebb6-40e7-96e0-b371dbcb9733
  10. scanner and printer

scanner and printer: build 10049; i'm able to print but when i scan i get this error message ; i change location but i get the same error; can some one help, sure appreciated [img] 5355

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp office jet not found when i go to scan ytube