Windows 10: Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?

Discus and support Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am using my other account on this computer. Every time I try to sign in to my other local account, it takes a longer loading time than usual then it... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rhean Gabriel Beciete, May 7, 2022.

1. Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?

I am using my other account on this computer. Every time I try to sign in to my other local account, it takes a longer loading time than usual then it displays a black screen with no background, no taskbar, absolutely nothing. I can move my mouse around the screen and I can access security options Ctrl + Alt + Del and Task Manager Ctrl + Shift + Esc. And that is absolutely it. I encountered this problem before, and I had to reset my PC for that. But is there any other practical way to fix this problem?

:)

Rhean Gabriel Beciete, May 7, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

Black Screen on Startup

Hello,

Could you please answer few questions:

• When you say “Now, nothing is on my desktop” what exactly are you referring to?

• Are you getting black screen after Sign in?
    If you are getting black screen after sign in, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the below help article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, May 7, 2022
  3. mora67 Win User
    5 min delay on cold start between login screen and bg screen

One more thing to be considered; black screen 5 minutes after signing in only occurs with my admin sign in account; my wife signs in in a split second with her non admin account. So admin sign in account should be limited to solve this.

mora67, May 7, 2022
  4. Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?

sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 7, 2022
Thema:

Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?

1. Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account? - Similar Threads - Why does screen

2. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  3. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screens go black?: From time to time usually one or more times every day my screens go black randomly. After a few seconds i get the "no signal" message on both screens. This started happening a few weeks ago. There is no error message of any kind. Audio keeps going so if i was watching a vido...
  4. Why does my screens go black?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does my screen go black and restart my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen go black and restart my computer?: I recently got a computer earlier this year and it has been fine. But recently, whenever I'm playing games, the screen will randomly freeze and go black, it'll then go blue and say 'MSI-please wait' and then the computer will restart.I'll say right now that I'm not a computer...
  6. Why does my screen go black and restart my computer?

Why does my screen go black and restart my computer?: I recently got a computer earlier this year and it has been fine. But recently, whenever I'm playing games, the screen will randomly freeze and go black, it'll then go blue and say 'MSI-please wait' and then the computer will restart.I'll say right now that I'm not a computer...
  7. Why does my screen go black frequently?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen go black frequently?: Every now and then, whenever I'm on my computer, my screen will go black. The computer will still run, but the screen is just completely black.So far I've been restarting my computer and such, to little to no effect. The computer I use is the Alienware M15 Ryzen Ed. R5, in...
  8. Why does my screen go black frequently?

Why does my screen go black frequently?: Every now and then, whenever I'm on my computer, my screen will go black. The computer will still run, but the screen is just completely black.So far I've been restarting my computer and such, to little to no effect. The computer I use is the Alienware M15 Ryzen Ed. R5, in...
  9. Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?: I am using my other account on this computer. Every time I try to sign in to my other local account, it takes a longer loading time than usual then it displays a black screen with no background, no taskbar, absolutely nothing. I can move my mouse around the screen and I can...
  10. Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?

Why does my screen go black after signing in to another account?: I am using my other account on this computer. Every time I try to sign in to my other local account, it takes a longer loading time than usual then it displays a black screen with no background, no taskbar, absolutely nothing. I can move my mouse around the screen and I can...