Windows 10: Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

Discus and support Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there,I have had my HP Notebook 15ay for about 5 yrs now, and I never encountered this problem. Recently my screen has started pixelating in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Keats10000, Sep 12, 2022.

1. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

Hi there,I have had my HP Notebook 15ay for about 5 yrs now, and I never encountered this problem. Recently my screen has started pixelating in the midst of playing videos. I have tried installing all Windows updates and rechecking drivers but the issue still remains.Something tells me it is because of occasional wear & tear. If I decide to upgrade my RAM, or switch to SSD will that resolve this issue?The video is played from local drive and has the resolution of 1920*1080 p.My device specifications are as followsWhy does my screen pixelate while playing videos? :processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-6006U CPU @ 2.00GHz 2.00 GHz RAM: 4.00 GB

:)

Keats10000, Sep 12, 2022

2. Playing slow and pixelated videos in Windows 10 media .

Hi Ray,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will help you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist when you play videos on other video players?

• Does the issue persist when you play videos using a browser?

Sometimes certain file types will not be supported or the file type might be very large to load on to the player. It might also be due to the non-updated version of the Windows media player you might be facing this issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows Key icon key on the keyboard, type
      troubleshooter and select the top most search result.

• Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.

• Select Hardware and Devices,
      click on Advanced option and check
      Apply repairs automatically
      option.

• Follow the on screen instructions.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2:

Step 1: Check if you are able to play the videos without any performance issue in Movies & TV app.

Also check if you are able to play videos using a browser without facing similar issue.

Step 2:
    Check the version of Windows Media Player

and update the player to the latest version and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the File Types supported by Windows Media Player
    and check if it helps.

Note: The article written for Windows 8/8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

Write back to us if you face further issues, we will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Sep 12, 2022
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    I can't get a video to stream to my lg smart tv in full screen , it's playing full screen on the pc no problem

Hi Steve,

To assist you better, I like to know; how exactly you are trying to stream video from your PC to LG Smart TV?

As an initial step, I suggest you to try updating the display adapter on your system.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on the Start button, and type Device Manager on the search bar.
    • Open Device Manager, expand Display Adapters.
    • Find and double-click Display Adapters from the left panel to update.
    • Right-click the device, and click Update.

As you are able to play the video full screen in your PC, then it might be an issue related to LG Smart TV. I suggest you to check for the LG Smart TV manual and check what all settings need to done to play video in full screen.

Kindly reply to us, with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 12, 2022
  4. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

SCREEN PIXELATION

When ever i go full screen while watching any video file or youtube or playing games my screen got pixelated. Can anyone help me what could be the cause..?

PalashDutta, Sep 12, 2022
Thema:

Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

1. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos? - Similar Threads - Why does screen

2. why does my Laptop freeze while playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my Laptop freeze while playing: I have a brand new lenovo laptop which has a-i5-12450H-Intel UHD Graphics for 12th gen processorsWhile playing valorant , in mid game my laptop completely freezes, becomes unresponsive. I have to force shutdownI have updated the intel UHD drivers from Device manager, reduced...
  3. why does my Laptop freeze while playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why does my Laptop freeze while playing: I have a brand new lenovo laptop which has a-i5-12450H-Intel UHD Graphics for 12th gen processorsWhile playing valorant , in mid game my laptop completely freezes, becomes unresponsive. I have to force shutdownI have updated the intel UHD drivers from Device manager, reduced...
  4. why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?

why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?: so i have a hp laptop HP 15-db0000 Laptop with apu AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G and 8gb ram of 1866MHz. it gives watchable framerates while playing offline video players like vlc. but when try to watch anything on browser, youtube on any quality for example,...
  5. why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why is my laptop is shuttering while playing video on browser?: so i have a hp laptop HP 15-db0000 Laptop with apu AMD A9-9425 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G and 8gb ram of 1866MHz. it gives watchable framerates while playing offline video players like vlc. but when try to watch anything on browser, youtube on any quality for example,...
  6. Rgb pixels flicker on my screen while playing certain games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rgb pixels flicker on my screen while playing certain games.: A while ago I had this problem with this one game, where the screen would have these rgb pixels flashing on my screen only while playing that game. I figured it as just being a problem with that game and moved on. Yesterday I bought the game Bloons td 6 on steam and...
  7. Rgb pixels flicker on my screen while playing certain games.

Rgb pixels flicker on my screen while playing certain games.: A while ago I had this problem with this one game, where the screen would have these rgb pixels flashing on my screen only while playing that game. I figured it as just being a problem with that game and moved on. Yesterday I bought the game Bloons td 6 on steam and...
  8. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?: Hi there,I have had my HP Notebook 15ay for about 5 yrs now, and I never encountered this problem. Recently my screen has started pixelating in the midst of playing videos. I have tried installing all Windows updates and rechecking drivers but the issue still...
  9. Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my screen pixelate while playing videos?: Hi there,I have had my HP Notebook 15ay for about 5 yrs now, and I never encountered this problem. Recently my screen has started pixelating in the midst of playing videos. I have tried installing all Windows updates and rechecking drivers but the issue still...
  10. Why does my screen get all pixelated when a video is showing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my screen get all pixelated when a video is showing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Dumbasses_Unite [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j4l8wx/why_does_my_screen_get_all_pixelated_when_a_video/