Windows 10: Why does my screen turn off when i close the lid if i have it set to NEVER????

Discus and support Why does my screen turn off when i close the lid if i have it set to NEVER???? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have my setting set to NEVER turn of the display when i close the lid. In fact i have it set to NEVER turn of the display for any reason. Yet when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jkhcast, Jun 25, 2019.

1. jkhcast Win User

Why does my screen turn off when i close the lid if i have it set to NEVER????

I have my setting set to NEVER turn of the display when i close the lid. In fact i have it set to NEVER turn of the display for any reason. Yet when i close the lid, the screen turns off. Even worse, i cannot EVER get the screen to come back on. I have to manually turn off my computer with the power button which is seriously damaging my laptop. This is ridiculous. No one seems to have an answer as to why this is happening. Someone please help.

:)

jkhcast, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

LID close screen still on

Well, it was worth checking.

How long have you had this Asus ROG? Has it ever turned off the screen when the lid is closed?

The last post in this thread suggests it may be a hardware problem, the section starting 'Here's an interesting story about the GL502VS in general' describes a sequence of replacements from Asus, one of which behaved this way. Oddly, the OP actually wanted this behaviour.
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...-lid-is-closed

3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    Laptop turning off when closing lid

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can get difficult if the applications are not working as expected. I see that you have tried few steps that might help us. However, we can go ahead and try few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

1. Open Settings app. Navigate to System > Power & sleep.
    2. In the Related settings section, click Additional power settings link to open Power Options window.
    3. Select Choose what closing the lid does.
    4. Next to When I close the lid, select Do Nothing.
    5. Save changes and test the issue.

Hope it helps,

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes Or No

Mithin_EJ, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Berton Win User

Close laptop lid - external monitor

Are you sure the "old computer" screen actually turned off when the lid was closed? If the lid is closed there is no way to see if the LCD panel is black. Was there a setting on the old one that didn't actually turn the computer off, put it to Sleep or Hibernate when the lid was closed?

Berton, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Why does my screen turn off when i close the lid if i have it set to NEVER???? - Similar Threads - Why does screen

2. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Preven screen turning off when lid is closed: I am trying to prevent my laptop screen from turning off when the lid closes, I want the lid being closed to have 0 effect on the computer. I went to power plan settings and disabled all of the screen time out things, including setting it to "Do Nothing" when lid closed, yet...
  3. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preven screen turning off when lid is closed: I am trying to prevent my laptop screen from turning off when the lid closes, I want the lid being closed to have 0 effect on the computer. I went to power plan settings and disabled all of the screen time out things, including setting it to "Do Nothing" when lid closed, yet...
  4. Preven screen turning off when lid is closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  6. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid

Turn off Bluetooth when i close my Laptop lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  7. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my lapotp lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Bluetooth when i close my lapotp lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  8. Turn off Bluetooth when i close my lapotp lid

Turn off Bluetooth when i close my lapotp lid: I want it to disconnect from all or 1 of my devices when I close the lid, like headphones and/or speakers. I've tried to change the device manager setting to turn off the Bluetooth device to save power. This does nothing. maybe if I'm low on battery or in battery saver...
  9. Why does my display close when i have set it to never?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my display close when i have set it to never?: windows 11I set my sleep & display both to never in settings. Yet my display closes every ten minutes on it's own. it's been doing this since win11 was installed. Two updates ago the screen would close and the login window would pop up. The last update stopped that so now...
  10. Why does my display close when i have set it to never?

Why does my display close when i have set it to never?: windows 11I set my sleep & display both to never in settings. Yet my display closes every ten minutes on it's own. it's been doing this since win11 was installed. Two updates ago the screen would close and the login window would pop up. The last update stopped that so now...