Windows 10: Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube?

Discus and support Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Here's the general rundown, I have 2 monitors, my primary one that runs in 4k on a display port and the secondary that's connected through HDMI and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Supernova1860, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube?

Here's the general rundown, I have 2 monitors, my primary one that runs in 4k on a display port and the secondary that's connected through HDMI and runs 1080p.

The issue is that whenever I view a video that is 1080p or higher on YouTube through my secondary monitor, both screens will turn black for 2 seconds and come back on with the secondary monitor having overall changed resolution. I can't tell if it's trying to lower or gain resolution Best example I can describe is if someone is using Adobe Photoshop and is turning sharpness all the way high on an image. My only way to stop this is by going into the control panel for the display settings and mess around with it meaninglessly and it goes back to normal, same 2 second black screen too.

My best guess for what started this is that I recently updated my driver for NVidia, but reinstalling and restarting the computer has not change the situation, and I can't find any other way online that best fixes my problem I'm facing.

:)

Supernova1860, Dec 10, 2020
  2. michael Win User

How to download youtube videos in 1080P or maximum resolution available (4K)?

Hi Guys,

I would like to know, How to download youtube videos in 1080P or maximum resolution available (4K)?
    There are several softwares which allows you to do that , to download youtube videos in 1080P or more but are paid ones like Chrispc youtube downloader.. and other addons for browsers allow download of videos in 720P only..

Please guide/suggest some freewares or other options

Thanks,
    michael

michael, Dec 10, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 10, 2020
  4. Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube?

YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

So I'm trying to get the best out of YouTube by playing videos on a max of 1080p 60fps (my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1600x900) when possible. Unfortunately, when I'm playing these videos at this quality, the video stops for a second or half every few seconds or so. The frame-rate between these stutters is okay, but the stuttering itself is what's bothering me.

So first off, I tried using task manager/Process Manager 2 to set Google Chrome's priority to high and permanently keep it every time I launch it, didn't work. I set the priorities of other programs that used my PC's performance as much or close to how Chrome used, still didn't work. Set Chrome's priority to real-time: didn't noticed any stuttering fortunately but the problem was replaced with audio issues so I set it back to high.

I also tried using Razer Cortex's game boost feature and stop processes that I didn't need when playing chrome, or games for that matter, and I still didn't noticed any differences.

So I looked to Chrome itself and see what I can do to it to help. I searched a few popular YouTube enhancers on the Chrome Store and tried them, but no differences are what I saw. I looked on forums online via Google Search to see if other people had similar issues and I found some suggestions, however these didn't work out either. Disabling hardware acceleration only made the difference of reducing frame-rate, I don't how Flash or HTML 5 playback works, and I don't know if the issue is a hardware or networking issue.

I tried speedtest.net to see if I have any internet issues and so far, I had a download speed of approx. 90mb/s and an upload speed of approx. 12mb/s.

I also don't know if hardware's of concern:

Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube? [​IMG]

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know.

ACMDogfight1997, Dec 10, 2020
Thema:

Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube?

1. Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube? - Similar Threads - Why does second

2. Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.: Hi!I have an issue with YouTube videos not playing in the background. I use double monitor set up and like to listen to podcasts or other YouTube media while gaming. Unfortunately when I boot up a game, video on second monitor freezes audio as well, This is related to the...
  3. Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube videos freeze on the second monitor while gaming.: Hi!I have an issue with YouTube videos not playing in the background. I use double monitor set up and like to listen to podcasts or other YouTube media while gaming. Unfortunately when I boot up a game, video on second monitor freezes audio as well, This is related to the...
  4. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10: Hi all,I recently built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and cant set it higher than 1080p 59.94 hz in the Windows settings.I installed newest AMD graphics drivers and I installed the latest AOC drivers for my monitor. I am using a Mini DP...
  5. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10: Hi all,I recently built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and cant set it higher than 1080p 59.94 hz in the Windows settings.I installed newest AMD graphics drivers and I installed the latest AOC drivers for my monitor. I am using a Mini DP...
  6. Cant set resolution higher than 1080p on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Changing resolution in second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  8. YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube on Chrome: Video stutters every few seconds on 1080p 60fps: So I'm trying to get the best out of YouTube by playing videos on a max of 1080p 60fps (my laptop monitor has a resolution of 1600x900) when possible. Unfortunately, when I'm playing these videos at this quality, the video stops for a second or half every few seconds or so....
  9. Viewing video in facebook and youtube

in Browsers and Email
    Viewing video in facebook and youtube: Hi everyone. I've recently started having problems viewing videos in facebook and some on you tube although sound is ok, tried uninstalling flash and re-installing to no avail (running chrome browser). In edge browser videos can be viewed but sound varies between none to...
  10. Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Cannot change the resolution of the second monitor: Dear forum users, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad X200 tablet computer with Windows 10 in use. I usually use two monitors (including the screen from the computer itself) which work fine normally. Sometimes, after I connect the computer to a project to give a presentation, then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dual screen et qualité vidéo youtube