Windows 10: Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot.

Discus and support Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is supper annoying. Every time my windows machine is rebooted one of my monitors looses its default resolution of 1600 x 900. The only solution is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kjacques1, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot.

This is supper annoying. Every time my windows machine is rebooted one of my monitors looses its default resolution of 1600 x 900. The only solution is to shutdown the pc and unplug the monitor and then boot back up and plug the monitor in again to get the correct resolution. Here is the following troubleshooting steps I have tried.

1. Updated drivers - Intel HD Graphics 4600
    2. Tried to locate a driver for the 2nd monitor that seems to be the issue. HP S2031
    3. Removed Intel HD Graphics 4600 and reinstalled.

The monitor is connected via a display port to VGA connection.

I appreciate any ideas.

submitted by /u/kjacques1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kjacques1, Jul 26, 2020

2. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

LuisAngell, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot.

I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot.

1. Why does my second monitor lose its default resolution on every reboot. - Similar Threads - Why does second

2. \D: drive loses its letter every time after reboot.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    \D: drive loses its letter every time after reboot.: Need help. I used to use two different HDD in Raid 0. I removed both drives and switch to one large HDD for my storage drive. Now, every time I reboot, the D drive loses it letter and disappears. I have to open Disk Management and reassign the drive letter. This drive is...
  3. Second monitor resolution issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Second monitor resolution issues: Hi, I have a problem with the resolution of my second monitor. I work with two monitors which I switch between occasionally, but I can't seem to find the right resolution for either one. The first monitor is pioneer PDP-lx5090, and the second monitor is a sony kdl-32w705b. My...
  4. Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube?

Why does my second monitor changes resolution while viewing 1080p or higher videos on YouTube?: Here's the general rundown, I have 2 monitors, my primary one that runs in 4k on a display port and the secondary that's connected through HDMI and runs 1080p. The issue is that whenever I view a video that is 1080p or higher on YouTube through my secondary monitor, both...
  5. My monitor Keeps losing its background

My monitor Keeps losing its background: i just got a second monitor the other day its a ASUS ROG XG32VQ QHD 144Hz FreeSync 32in Monitor same as my first one however the new monitor can't keep backgrounds and no matter what i do restart, sign out then in, disable desktop icons, wipe the "themes" folder in appdata...
  6. Why does my screen freeze every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my screen freeze every few seconds.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KaosZeezor [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gdjuf3/why_does_my_screen_freeze_every_few_seconds/
  7. Changing resolution in second monitor

Changing resolution in second monitor: I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell XPS15 laptop. I have hooked up a second monitor, and I get the "Input Not Supported" message on the second monitor an older Acer monitor. I believe I can get rid of it by changing the resolution on the second monitor, but I can't figure out...
  8. Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot

Losing Bluetooth Drivers with every reboot: I have an Acer laptop running Win 10. Lately, I've been noticing that there is no bluetooth button in my task bar. So I go through "fix bluetooth" windows process & it reinstalls the drivers. I can then use bluetooth. But I keep having to do this over every time it seems. I...
  9. why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?

why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot?: why does my video resolution changes to default every time I reboot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-video-resolution-changes-to-default/ce91b8ab-b7b8-4059-91b7-8b99960e9fd2
  10. Second monitor, wrong resolution

in Windows 10 Support
    Second monitor, wrong resolution: for a while, I've been using a Dell E248WFPb (native 1920x1200) connected via VGA on my Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro successfully at it's native resolution. But I just moved the computer to another room, and now that same monitor is a second monitor to a Samsung 2343 (native...