Windows 10: Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?

Discus and support Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just upgraded my HP Prodesk SFF G2 from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and after upgrading, it did not activate my Windows 10 Enterprise. I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Rhean Gabriel Beciete, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?

I just upgraded my HP Prodesk SFF G2 from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and after upgrading, it did not activate my Windows 10 Enterprise. I tried to activate it on Settings>Update & Security>Activation, but for some reason, the whole Settings app will hang up? I need an immediate solution as I need to use this for my online class.- Rhean

:)

Rhean Gabriel Beciete, Jan 10, 2022
  2. robgr Win User

Settings/Update & security/Windows Update hangs

Upgraded from ISO to 18995.1 via UUP Dump as was getting error 0x8007023e using Windows Update
    Now Settings/Update & security/Windows Update hangs
    If I then retry Windows Update it doesn't even start and I have to reboot to even get it run again after which it hangs
    Ran DISM but still the same
    Any suggestions?
    Looks like there's some relevant fixes in 18999.1 so I'll update tonight & revert with the results
    Build 18999.1 has fixed my settings issue & the banner has reappeared too

robgr, Jan 10, 2022
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 10, 2022
  4. Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?

Right click hangs system - Windows 10 PRO X64

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to try the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to
    run System Maintenance troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow the steps below to run System Maintenance troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type Troubleshooter in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select System and Security.
    • Select System Maintenance under System options.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Safe Mode.

To start your system in safe mode follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advance Option.
    • Select Startup Repair.
    • Follow the on Screen instruction.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 10, 2022
Thema:

Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?

1. Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security? - Similar Threads - Why does Settings

2. Settings hang when i click on any article related to windows activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings hang when i click on any article related to windows activation: Hello. im experiencing a problem with windows activation. i installed windows 10 on a hp laptop from a usbi got the setup and driver from hp website. i also got a product key from a retailer and i entered the key when running setup. everything went perfectly. when the setup...
  3. Settings hang when i click on any article related to windows activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings hang when i click on any article related to windows activation: Hello. im experiencing a problem with windows activation. i installed windows 10 on a hp laptop from a usbi got the setup and driver from hp website. i also got a product key from a retailer and i entered the key when running setup. everything went perfectly. when the setup...
  4. "Set up my PIN" does nothing when I click it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Set up my PIN" does nothing when I click it.: I get the "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again," message but when I click "set up my PIN" it just goes back to the lock screen with the time. Over and over again. None of the other forum have...
  5. "Set up my PIN" does nothing when I click it.

"Set up my PIN" does nothing when I click it.: I get the "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again," message but when I click "set up my PIN" it just goes back to the lock screen with the time. Over and over again. None of the other forum have...
  6. Why does my settings hang anytime I click on Activation in Systems and security?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does my settings hang anytime I click on Activation in Systems and security?: I reset my PC. It reinstalled Windows 10 Enterprise. I originally had a Windows Pro. I only noticed that I had the wrong operating system because I tried clicking on Activation settings and it does NOT open. It just hangs. What do I do?Because technically there are two...
  7. Why does my settings hang anytime I click on Activation in Systems and security.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my settings hang anytime I click on Activation in Systems and security.: I reset my PC. It reinstalled Windows 10 Enterprise. I originally had a Windows Pro. I only noticed that I had the wrong operating system because I tried clicking on Activation settings and it does NOT open. It just hangs. What do I do?Because technically there are two...
  8. Why does my settings hang anytime I click on Activation in Systems and security.

Why does my settings hang anytime I click on Activation in Systems and security.: I reset my PC. It reinstalled Windows 10 Enterprise. I originally had a Windows Pro. I only noticed that I had the wrong operating system because I tried clicking on Activation settings and it does NOT open. It just hangs. What do I do?Because technically there are two...
  9. Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?: I just upgraded my HP Prodesk SFF G2 from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and after upgrading, it did not activate my Windows 10 Enterprise. I tried to activate it on Settings>Update & Security>Activation, but for some reason, the whole Settings app will hang up? I need an immediate...
  10. Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Settings hang up when I click Activation in System & Security?: I just upgraded my HP Prodesk SFF G2 from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and after upgrading, it did not activate my Windows 10 Enterprise. I tried to activate it on Settings>Update & Security>Activation, but for some reason, the whole Settings app will hang up? I need an immediate...