Windows 10: Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

Discus and support Why does my share drive keep disconnecting? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired). The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by margrave55, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired).

The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z:
    This share stays around. No problems.

The laptop mounts the C: drive of the desktop as a share, known as P:
    This share drops every minute or so. Why?

This was not a problem at my old home (Google Fiber service), but has become a problem in the new location (Armstrong Cable).
    BTW ... on the laptop this is what I run to create the share:
    net use P: \\DESKTOP-IP\c DESKTOP-PASSWORD /user:DESKTOP-HOST\DESKTOP-USER /persistent:yes

:)

margrave55, Dec 9, 2020

2. Permission issue, shared drive Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can understand your concern. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. May I know the exact error message?
    2. Have you shared all hard drives or any particular folder within the particular hard drive?

Since you have mentioned that you are getting error related to permission issue, please refer to the troubleshooting steps provided by “Azee N” dated June 2nd 2010 on
    Providing permission to drive and try
    providing permission to the drive.

If the issue still persists, we would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to re-map the drive.

1. Disconnect the drive by right click on the drive and select disconnect (if the drive is mapped).
    2. Then re-map the drive by referring to Map a network drive
      and check if it resolves the issue.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 9, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

1. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting? - Similar Threads - Why does share

2. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  3. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?: My tecknet bluetooth mouse refuses to connect for longer than one minute. I can successfully connect it w/bluetooth, however seconds later, the device will disconnect, and then attempt to re-connect as a new device, resulting in multiple listings of the same mouse in my...
  4. Why does my mouse keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Why does my bluetooth keyboard keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my bluetooth keyboard keep disconnecting?: Hello,I have the Microsoft designer compact keyboard , And I suffer from a connection problem when i switch the devices.My keyboard is connected to 3 devices my phone, tablet and computer. When I switch between devices. I am having a login problem only on my computer. I have...
  6. Why does my bluetooth keyboard keep disconnecting?

Why does my bluetooth keyboard keep disconnecting?: Hello,I have the Microsoft designer compact keyboard , And I suffer from a connection problem when i switch the devices.My keyboard is connected to 3 devices my phone, tablet and computer. When I switch between devices. I am having a login problem only on my computer. I have...
  7. Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?: Hey I got a new pc about a year ago now and I've had the same problem every time every few weeks or months my wifi will stop working keeps disconnecting and just doesn't work this could go on for weeks, maybe a month and then it will randomly fix. I've tried getting better...
  8. Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?

Why does my wifi keep disconnecting?: Hey I got a new pc about a year ago now and I've had the same problem every time every few weeks or months my wifi will stop working keeps disconnecting and just doesn't work this could go on for weeks, maybe a month and then it will randomly fix. I've tried getting better...
  9. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?: I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired). The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z: This share stays around. No problems. The laptop mounts the C: drive of the desktop as a share, known as P: This share drops...
  10. Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my share drive keep disconnecting?: I have a laptop (Windows 10 Pro, WiFi) and a desktop (Windows 10 Home, wired). The desktop mounts the C: drive of the laptop as a share, known as Z: This share stays around. No problems. The laptop mounts the C: drive of the desktop as a share, known as P: This share drops...