Windows 10: Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate?

Discus and support Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's not much in my taskbar. I count 11 icons right now on the left. But for the first 1:40 of this boot up there were only three: windows ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Sep 24, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate?

There's not much in my taskbar. I count 11 icons right now on the left.

But for the first 1:40 of this boot up there were only three: windows , spyglass and 'task view'.

And a blue circle whirling around whenever I moved the cursor down to the task bar.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong by looking at task manager at all. At least it did open up fairly quickly. Other things - like firefox - wouldn't open at all.

What do you reckon is wrong and what can I do about it.

Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? :)

:)

abrogard, Sep 24, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 24, 2019
  3. abrogard Win User

There's not much in my taskbar. I count 11 icons right now on the left.

But for the first 1:40 of this boot up there were only three: windows , spyglass and 'task view'.

And a blue circle whirling around whenever I moved the cursor down to the task bar.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong by looking at task manager at all. At least it did open up fairly quickly. Other things - like firefox - wouldn't open at all.

What do you reckon is wrong and what can I do about it.

Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? :)

abrogard, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate?

Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? - Similar Threads - Why Does Task

2. Why does Disk Management opens but does not populate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Disk Management opens but does not populate?: After launching Disk Management the window opens but the information of the disks never appears.File/Options the only selection shown has "Disk Cleanup" and my profile has a size of 0 bytes.How do I restore this important Windows service without re-installing Windows?...
  3. Why does Disk Management opens but does not populate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Disk Management opens but does not populate?: After launching Disk Management the window opens but the information of the disks never appears.File/Options the only selection shown has "Disk Cleanup" and my profile has a size of 0 bytes.How do I restore this important Windows service without re-installing Windows?...
  4. Why does Disk Management opens but does not populate?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

Why is my task bar unresponsive?: When I turn on my PC all my pinned apps are no longer pinned and when I place my cursor over the entirety of the taskbar, it shows a loading symbol and I'm unable to click on anything on the taskbar this involves the windows icon, the search bar and the things on the bottom...
  6. Why is my task bar unresponsive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is my task bar unresponsive?: When I turn on my PC all my pinned apps are no longer pinned and when I place my cursor over the entirety of the taskbar, it shows a loading symbol and I'm unable to click on anything on the taskbar this involves the windows icon, the search bar and the things on the bottom...
  7. Why does it take 30+ minutes to open a Microsoft application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does it take 30+ minutes to open a Microsoft application?: Ok, I have a Hp omen laptop with a 3070 and a Ryzen 7 processor, and Wi-Fi speeds around the 700 up and down. In short, it is a fast setup. Everything runs great except for Microsoft applications, specifically when signing in. Whenever I restart my computer, open the Xbox app...
  8. Why does it take 30+ minutes to open a Microsoft application?

Why does it take 30+ minutes to open a Microsoft application?: Ok, I have a Hp omen laptop with a 3070 and a Ryzen 7 processor, and Wi-Fi speeds around the 700 up and down. In short, it is a fast setup. Everything runs great except for Microsoft applications, specifically when signing in. Whenever I restart my computer, open the Xbox app...
  9. Since installing 20H2 "Save As" explorer dialogs take a minute or two to populate and are...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Since installing 20H2 "Save As" explorer dialogs take a minute or two to populate and are...: Ever since I have installed 20H2, the "save as" function in any programs on my machine takes a minute or two before it resolves, and during that minute the window is greyed out and shown as "not responding" before it finally kicks loose and lets me save the file. I've...
  10. why has 'Reading List' appeared near my task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    why has 'Reading List' appeared near my task bar: Why has Reading List appeared near my bookmarks bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-has-reading-list-appeared-near-my-task-bar/7c97b8d0-8e71-48d4-9ced-dc4ef7644f56