Windows 10: Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate?

Discus and support Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There's not much in my taskbar. I count 11 icons right now on the left. But for the first 1:40 of this boot up there were only three: windows ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Sep 24, 2019.

1. abrogard Win User

Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate?

There's not much in my taskbar. I count 11 icons right now on the left.

But for the first 1:40 of this boot up there were only three: windows , spyglass and 'task view'.

And a blue circle whirling around whenever I moved the cursor down to the task bar.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong by looking at task manager at all. At least it did open up fairly quickly. Other things - like firefox - wouldn't open at all.

What do you reckon is wrong and what can I do about it.

Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? :)

:)

abrogard, Sep 24, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Sep 24, 2019
  3. abrogard Win User

There's not much in my taskbar. I count 11 icons right now on the left.

But for the first 1:40 of this boot up there were only three: windows , spyglass and 'task view'.

And a blue circle whirling around whenever I moved the cursor down to the task bar.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong by looking at task manager at all. At least it did open up fairly quickly. Other things - like firefox - wouldn't open at all.

What do you reckon is wrong and what can I do about it.

Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? :)

abrogard, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate?

Task bar

Hi Joe,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Which 2nd Windows you are referring to?

• Are you unable to view the task bar on your system?
    I suggest you, please provide the detailed description of your issue.

Reply to us we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Why Does My Task Bar take nearly two minutes to populate? - Similar Threads - Why Does Task

2. Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge?: Why does it take over 2 minutes to Clear History in Microsoft Edge? Microsoft Edge takes over 2 minutes to Clear History even if you cleared the history minutes ago and did not do any additional browsing. Microsoft Edge remains running in the background after closing all...
  3. Searching through the task bar does not work

in Cortana
    Searching through the task bar does not work: Recently for an unknown reason, I've started to notice that when i click the windows home button or click on the Cortana search bar and type a few letters to search a file, it freezes and i can't search anything as it doesn't work. This isn't a major issue, but i cant fine...
  4. task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    task bar: my task bar keeps on growing wider ive unlocked the auto lock task bar and same for the hade the task bar automatically none of these are now applied but on my system there is no box to click applies or ok once ive locked my task bar etc and I did this the other day and when...
  5. Why does startup take so long?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Why does startup take so long?: After I turned on my computer I finally saw the clock, after I saw my name and "welcome" without having to actually sign in. But I couldn't do anything for ten minutes. Not even turn off the speaker. Not even get anything to happen by clicking on the start button. Spotify...
  6. How long does it take to sync two computers?

How long does it take to sync two computers?: I have logged in to my two Windows 10 computers with the Microsoft Account and syncing has been enabled on both pc's. How long does it take to sync the computers? It has been 15 minutes and they are not synced yet....
  7. Why does Close not end the task?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does Close not end the task?: I've been using Microsoft products since DOS 2.10, so I understand the technical reasons, but I don't understand the design choice. If I have a program that is misbehaving/hanging etc and I right click on the icon on the Taskbar and click "close". Why does it not believe...
  8. Task Bar

Task Bar: Does anyone know how to get the task bar to hide when I don't have my cursor on it. I'm pretty sure it used to do that and you could just hover your cursor over the bottom of the screen if you needed it. It's really annoying to not be able to see the bottom of the screen....
  9. Task Bar

Task Bar: I cannot get my task bar to close when in full screen mode. I have tried going to task manager and resetting windows explorer; I have also unlocked the task bar, tried to drag it down, and re-lock it. Neither has worked for me. Any suggestions?...
  10. Bar near Top of page?

in Browsers and Email
    Bar near Top of page?: Near the Top of the page is a Bar that contains most of the Sites I visit regularly! However one site in particular I use most (My Internet Service provider email account) only shows in the Downloads list but won't stay put after reboot/power off, after I had previously...