Windows 10: Why does my Task Manager look weird and the taskbar icons look SD quality

Discus and support Why does my Task Manager look weird and the taskbar icons look SD quality in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As shown in this image the icons look like they've been compressed to a smaller state that it looks bad, and the color contrasting of the task manager... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DXPOHIHIHI, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Why does my Task Manager look weird and the taskbar icons look SD quality

As shown in this image the icons look like they've been compressed to a smaller state that it looks bad, and the color contrasting of the task manager UI looks unintentional, I tried changing from dark mode to light mode but still the same outcome. I recently just updated to 20H2

:)

DXPOHIHIHI, Jul 23, 2021

2. Blank icons in taskbar on Windows 2016

Hello,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Confirm the said application you're using so we could fully understand the cause of the issue.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we suggest restarting the Explorer.exe on the Task Manager. This may help resolve the issue with blank icons on the Taskbar. Refer to the steps below:

1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager.

2. On the Task Manager window, click on More Details at the bottom left if it doesn't shows the
    Processes tab.

3. Scroll down the list of the Windows processes and locate Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select
    Restart.

Note: The desktop icons and the Taskbar will refresh and will be gone for a moment after this process. It should reappear automatically.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jul 23, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Jul 23, 2021
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Why does my Task Manager look weird and the taskbar icons look SD quality

Windows 10 Taskbar icons missing/ not responding!

Hello Pasindu,

Windows 10 may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this taskbar issue. For us to assist you with this, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What is the current build and version of your Windows 10? To check, type in
      winver on the search bar and press Enter.

Meanwhile, we suggest that restart the Windows Explorer.exe to refresh your taskbar functionality by following the steps below:

• Open Task Manager
      by right clicking the taskbar.
    • Click More details at the bottom to expand the Task Manager window.
    • Under the Processes tab, look for Windows Explorer.
    • After selecting the Windows Explorer, click the Restart
      button at the bottom.
    • It may take a few seconds and things like your taskbar and Start menu may disappear momentarily, but when it restarts, things should behave better and you can exit Task Manager.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Xylee Del, Jul 23, 2021
Thema:

Why does my Task Manager look weird and the taskbar icons look SD quality

1. Why does my Task Manager look weird and the taskbar icons look SD quality - Similar Threads - Why does Task

2. Why does the dashboard look weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the dashboard look weird: Why does my Windows 11 dashboard look like this. This is not the format that I am used to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-dashboard-look-weird/2ea08a7b-9bde-4898-8be3-4c2d10fbc1af
  3. Why does the dashboard look weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the dashboard look weird: Why does my Windows 11 dashboard look like this. This is not the format that I am used to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-the-dashboard-look-weird/2ea08a7b-9bde-4898-8be3-4c2d10fbc1af
  4. Why does my text quality look blurry/pixelated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my text quality look blurry/pixelated?: For some reason recently when I turned on my laptop and opened up Google Docs I noticed that the text/font quality looked off. It looks off in everything, and it looks worse just in google. I have tried many things like restarting my laptop or using ClearType but none of that...
  5. Taskbar looks weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar looks weird: Why does my taskbar look like this? I also get a spinning circle when I mouse over the Start Menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-looks-weird/f71811e0-bd89-4392-bb66-d3ef885e203f
  6. Taskbar looks weird

Taskbar looks weird: Why does my taskbar look like this? I also get a spinning circle when I mouse over the Start Menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-looks-weird/f71811e0-bd89-4392-bb66-d3ef885e203f
  7. Why does selecting my desktop look weird?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does selecting my desktop look weird?: Normally, selecting my desktop creates a blue box. But for me, it looks like the image below.The text under my icons has also changed color to white, even though I'm on dark mode.I have already restarted my PC.I also have a video that shows me selecting, but I cannot post it...
  8. Why does selecting my desktop look weird?

Why does selecting my desktop look weird?: Normally, selecting my desktop creates a blue box. But for me, it looks like the image below.The text under my icons has also changed color to white, even though I'm on dark mode.I have already restarted my PC.I also have a video that shows me selecting, but I cannot post it...
  9. Why does selecting my desktop look weird?

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Why does my taskbar look like this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my taskbar look like this: [IMG] submitted by /u/llsonixll [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lodofr/why_does_my_taskbar_look_like_this/