Windows 10: Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen?

Discus and support Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It started doing it as soon as I got insider preview, sometimes on the normal windows versions, so all together in the last week my taskbar has frozen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DueCucumber1752, Feb 5, 2021.

1. Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen?

It started doing it as soon as I got insider preview, sometimes on the normal windows versions, so all together in the last week my taskbar has frozen 25ish times, is there any way to fix it?

submitted by /u/DueCucumber1752
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DueCucumber1752, Feb 5, 2021

2. Windows 10, Taskbar frozen

i have tried all above solution but the problem still exists. please help....Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen? :(

Mughal Zaheer Ud Din, Feb 5, 2021
  3. Windows 10, Taskbar frozen

Hi Richard,

There are multiple reasons why Windows Taskbar freezes. Before we proceed, we would like to confirm if you have already tried
    restarting Windows Explorer as suggested by ArchitKhandelwal on
    February 8, 2017. If the issue persists, you can follow the methods provided below:

Method 1: Use Powershell

Use the Powershell command to unfreeze the frozen taskbar by following the steps below:

1. Press and hold the
    Windows logo key + R.

2. Type
    powershell
    in the Run dialog box.

3. Hit
    Enter

4. Type the following command line:
    Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}.

5. Hit
    Enter

Take note that you have to enable the Windows Firewall before performing the task above. Here are the steps on how to check if the Windows Firewall was enabled:

1. Open
    Task Manager

2. Click
    More Details

3. Select the
    Services tab.

4. Make sure that
    MpsSvc, also described as Windows Firewall, is running.

Method 2: Enable the User Manager.

A disabled User Manager sometimes results in a frozen Windows taskbar. To re-enable the User Manager, follow these steps:

1. Press and hold
    Windows logo key + R.

2. Type
    services.msc

3. Double-click the
    User Manager.

4. Set the
    Startup type
    to Automatic.

5. Hit
    OK

6. Restart the computer.

Method 3: Disable Recently Opened Items.

Disabling the recently opened items helps to speed up the list launch. To disable items that are recently opened, follow the instruction below:

1. Go to
    Settings

2. Select
    Personalization

3. Click
    Start

4. Slide the toggle button beside
    Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Star or the taskbar to turn it off.

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Feb 5, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Feb 5, 2021
Thema:

Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen?

1. Why does my taskbar keep getting frozen? - Similar Threads - Why does taskbar

2. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  3. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?: I have been encountering a problem where my taskbar becomes unresponsive, and I have to open Task Manager using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Subsequently, the taskbar returns to normal. I ran the System File Checker, which identified and successfully repaired some corrupted files. However,...
  4. why the taskbar gets frozen or unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?

why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?: Hi,So i have recently noticed whenever i minimize a tab i am not working on for example Chrome if i minimize and go to home screen the taskbar shrinks from full and the start menu also disappears.How do i fix this issue?...
  6. why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my taskbar keep on shrinking?: Hi,So i have recently noticed whenever i minimize a tab i am not working on for example Chrome if i minimize and go to home screen the taskbar shrinks from full and the start menu also disappears.How do i fix this issue?...
  7. Why does taskbar keep crashing?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does taskbar keep crashing?: I boot up my computer then i want to check the taskbar i have the pop up taskbar but it says"Microsoft windows is not responding" when i click end process then it brings up a white screen. When i press cancel it freezes for ever when i do nothing it freezes and crashes. This...
  8. Why does taskbar keep crashing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does taskbar keep crashing?: I boot up my computer then i want to check the taskbar i have the pop up taskbar but it says"Microsoft windows is not responding" when i click end process then it brings up a white screen. When i press cancel it freezes for ever when i do nothing it freezes and crashes. This...
  9. Why does taskbar keep crashing?

10. Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why does the pointer keep getting frozen?: I am running the current windows 1903. I have had my laptop about 6 days and already I am experiencing issues with the pointer getting frozen. It frequently happens when the lid is closed after I open it. With ASUS' guidance, we have uninstalled and reinstalled the PTP...