Windows 10: Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?

Discus and support Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I keep turning "show news and interests on the task bar" off, and yet it keeps turning back on again of its own volition. It has gotten to the point... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sara___Jane, May 21, 2024.

1. Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?

I keep turning "show news and interests on the task bar" off, and yet it keeps turning back on again of its own volition. It has gotten to the point where I leave settings open to this page so that I can keep turning it back off easily every time it annoys me. Windows 10

:)

Sara___Jane, May 21, 2024

2. Hide News and Interests in Windows 10

With the next release of Windows 10, Microsoft is testing News and Interests on the taskbar. With News and Interests, you get a quick glance of dynamic content throughout the day. This article discusses how to show or Hide News and Interests in the taskbar. As News and Interests is just a taskbar feature, you can either hide it or configure it to show the icon only.

Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests? 0a43dc48-c907-484c-8806-0b4fd8f16148?upload=true.jpg

Disable News and Interests on Windows 10

To enable or Disable News and Interests in the taskbar, see the steps below:

1. Right-click the Taskbar on the desktop.
    2. Click News and Interests.
    3. Select Turn off from the list of options.
    4. If you want an icon only related to weather, select show Icon only.

Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests? bba8d0b5-2fcb-4a94-aa45-3af7a0fab8f7?upload=true.png

These steps can help you disable News and Interests on the taskbar.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), May 21, 2024
  3. Vince R. Win User
    Help with Pinning Excel Files in the taskbar

Hello! PianSa

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community

Certainly! Let’s tackle this step by step. To pin an individual Excel file to the taskbar, we’ll create a custom shortcut and then pin it.

Here’s how you can achieve that:

1. Create a Shortcut:
      • Right-click on your desktop.
      • Select “New” and then choose “Shortcut.”
      • In the location field, paste the actual path to your Excel file (replace the dummy file path).
      • Click “Next.”
      • Type a name for the shortcut and click “Finish.”
    2. Customize the Shortcut (Optional):
      • By default, the shortcut’s icon will be the File Explorer icon. If you’ve already pinned File Explorer to your taskbar, this can be confusing.
      • To change the icon, right-click the shortcut and select “Properties.”
      • In the properties window, click “Change icon.”
      • Choose an icon or download a custom one in .ico format.
    3. Pin the Shortcut to the Taskbar:
      • Drag and drop the shortcut onto the taskbar.
      • Now your Excel file is pinned to the taskbar, and you can open it with a single click.
    Remember that Windows doesn’t directly allow pinning individual files to the taskbar, but creating a custom shortcut provides a workaround. Enjoy quick access to your favorite Excel file!

I have also tried pinning a specific file into the Taskbar, it seems that this doesn't allow you to pin files directly to the Taskbar but only to shortcuts for applications such as Office programs, Browsers, and utilities: notepad and all. However, you can pin the files inside the file explorer as favorites and this will be pinned under Quick Access.

I would suggest to use the feedback hub app for this feature to be added in Windows: Start menu > Search Feedback hub app > I have a suggestion: Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app - Microsoft Support

I hope this helps!

Thank you,

Vince
    Microsoft Community Moderator

Vince R., May 21, 2024
  4. iTsFx Win User

Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?

News and Interests not showing weather on taskbar

Hello, I'm Felipe and I'm an independent Community Advisor, and I'll do my best to help you.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with the weather information not showing on the News and Interests taskbar in Windows 10. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try to resolve the issue:

Check the weather settings in News and Interests: Right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and select "Weather settings." Make sure that the "Show weather on taskbar" option is enabled.

Check your location settings: Make sure that your location is set correctly in your Windows settings. Go to Settings > Time & Language > Region and check that your current location is set correctly.

Check the News and Interests app version: Make sure that you have the latest version of the News and Interests app installed. You can check for updates by clicking on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and selecting "Check for updates."

Clear the cache of the News and Interests app: To do this, right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar and select "News and Interests settings." Scroll down to the "Clear data" section and select "Clear."

Restart your computer: Sometimes, simply restarting your computer can resolve the issue.

If none of these solutions work, you may want to try resetting the News and Interests app or even reinstalling it entirely. To do this, right-click on the News and Interests icon on your taskbar, select "News and Interests settings," and then select "Reset" or "Uninstall." If you're still having issues, you can contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

iTsFx, May 21, 2024
Thema:

Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?

1. Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests? - Similar Threads - Why does taskbar

2. Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?: I keep turning "show news and interests on the task bar" off, and yet it keeps turning back on again of its own volition. It has gotten to the point where I leave settings open to this page so that I can keep turning it back off easily every time it annoys me. Windows 10...
  3. Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does my taskbar keep re-pinning news and interests?: I keep turning "show news and interests on the task bar" off, and yet it keeps turning back on again of its own volition. It has gotten to the point where I leave settings open to this page so that I can keep turning it back off easily every time it annoys me. Windows 10...
  4. Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings

Taskbar News and Interests Microsoft News ignores interest settings: I turned off the News and Interests feature on my taskbar. Why? Because the only news I want to see popping up on my desktop is weather and technology, however, regardless of how I customize the news feed, it still displays national news, politics, and sports and whatnot....
  5. News and Interests on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    News and Interests on Taskbar: I would like for the News and Interests app to show local weather information on the Taskbar itself instead of just the icon. I have checked "Show icon and text" and "Open on hover." What else should I do?...
  6. Non of these are my news and interests. Why?

Non of these are my news and interests. Why?: Non of these are my interests. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/non-of-these-are-my-news-and-interests-why/4b816087-2fc3-4b5b-855d-ee0b664608a8
  7. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  8. New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?

in Windows 10 Support
    New "News and Interests" in Taskbar - Disable/Hide News, Keep Weather?: Is there any possible way to get rid of the news but just keep the weather card when I hover over the current local temperature on the new "News and Interests" feature built into the taskbar? I know I can disable the cards that show when I hover altogether, and I know I can...
  9. News and Interests on the taskbar

News and Interests on the taskbar: This feature just appeared on the taskbar about a 10 days ago and then disappeared after a bios update. Perhaps this is coincidental, but that is when I noticed it was gone and not in the menu for the taskbar. I have Windows 10 home 20H2 Build 19042.985 Also, KB5001391 is...
  10. News and interests keep loading

News and interests keep loading: I recently updated my Windows 10 from insider dev program to Windows 10 Insider Preview 21313.1000 rs_prerelease and got new News and section toolbar on taskbar. Although feature is available but whenever I hover my cursor over it or click iteven double click it keeps on...