Windows 10: Why does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809? It works with my...

Discus and support Why does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809? It works with my... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Greetings, I bought a Ugreen HDD enclosure to transfer data from my Asus Q200E laptop -- which died -- to my new Asus Vivobook. I switched the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 7ofDiamonds, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Why does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809? It works with my...

Greetings,

I bought a Ugreen HDD enclosure to transfer data from my Asus Q200E laptop -- which died -- to my new Asus Vivobook. I switched the Vivobook out of S Mode to Windows 10 Home v1809. The enclosure is recognized by and is fully accessible from my older Lenovo laptop Windows 10, but not the Vivobook.

Can anyone tell me how to get the HDD enclosure to be recognized by the Vivobook Windows 10 1809?

I think its related to the deactivation of built-in Admin account noted here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...s-10-1809-deactivates-built-in-admin-account/

but it's alll above my head.

I tried troubleshooting using this article: https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/how-to-connect-external-hard-drive-to-your-pc-in-windows-10/ which included trying to update the driver using the Run prompt "devmgmt.msc" but I couldn't find the enclosure in the device list. It shows up in the Control Panel Device list as Ugreen Storage Device.

The HDD enclosure supports SATA 3.0, backwards compatible with SATA 2.0/ SATA 1.0

Please help.

Thanks,

Antoinette

:)

7ofDiamonds, Sep 9, 2019

2. Problem in transferring Data to HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit

Hello all, I recently purchased a HDD SATA hardware enclosure kit for the purpose of retrieving data from my old laptop that has died. I received the package, followed directions, plugged it in, with two USB ports, then nothing happened. I could hear that
    the disk in the enclosure was spinning, however, nothing appeared on the screen. I even went into Device Manager and looked under installed hardware and it was not listed. I even tried to reset my pc and have the enclosure plugged in during the reinstallation
    process. Subsequently, I had to return the hardware enclosure. Does anyone have an idea why this particular device would not work in Windows 10? Thank you

ThomasGallagher_66, Sep 9, 2019
  3. dermy Win User
    External HDDs

Hi i had a seagate freeagent (external) which stopped working so i bought another enclosure and the hdd kept disconnecting/reconnecting in windows 8.1, so i boht another enclosure and also the same thing. Iv tried a different hdd and all hdds work perfectly when plugged directly into sata ports on the board, are there any other steps i can try or do you think iv just been unlucky with enclosures?

dermy, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Pegaside Win User

Why does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809? It works with my...

HDD Enclosure keeps disconnecting.

My old ASUS laptop couldn't boot up Windows, so I took out the Hard Disk Drive and put it in an enclosure to access my data to my new laptop.

However, when I put my HDD in the enclosure, and connected it to my laptop with a USB 3.0 cable, my laptop detects it, but after a few seconds, like 15, it disconnects from my laptop, while the enclosure is still on.

When the 2 drives do pop up when I open up File Explorer (F: and GWhy does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809?  It works with my... :) and either right click on them, try to open them, or even just looking at them, it either makes File Explorer unresponsive until HDD is disconnected, or green bar takes forever to load
    and then disconnects eventually.

Enclosure is from SABRENT, and the Hard Disk Drive is an ST500LT012-1DG142 Seagate 500MB HDD.

Any fix?

Pegaside, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Why does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809? It works with my...

1. Why does my Ugreen HDD enclosure not work with Windows 10 Home v1809? It works with my... - Similar Threads - Why does Ugreen

2. Why does my Xbox not work?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why does my Xbox not work?: Yo hbaun https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-xbox-not-work/a0c09f22-75c4-4b78-a651-d1a3d048fc9c
  3. Why does my Xbox not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Xbox not work?: Yo hbaun https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-xbox-not-work/a0c09f22-75c4-4b78-a651-d1a3d048fc9c
  4. Why does my Xbox not work?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why my camera does not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why my camera does not work?: all app have access to my camera but my camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-does-not-work/ecac75b4-c8df-447b-9a24-4f2422b4e114
  6. why my camera does not work?

why my camera does not work?: all app have access to my camera but my camera does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-camera-does-not-work/ecac75b4-c8df-447b-9a24-4f2422b4e114
  7. Why does my backslash not work?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my backslash not work?: All other keys work perfectly fine, but when I type with my backslash, it gives random characters from the 3rd row of a keyboard. KASDFHL\;'456GJ. It also applies CAPS LOCK. If wondering, I use a GMMK keyboard and have reset my settings several times for it....
  8. Why does my backslash not work?

Why does my backslash not work?: All other keys work perfectly fine, but when I type with my backslash, it gives random characters from the 3rd row of a keyboard. KASDFHL\;'456GJ. It also applies CAPS LOCK. If wondering, I use a GMMK keyboard and have reset my settings several times for it....
  9. my hdd wont work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my hdd wont work: my hdd just does not get seen like a drive and is showing up as unknown drive and it will just not load anything also this drive will not let me add anything also wont let me initialized the drive i have photos that shows what is wrong...
  10. HDD not working with Enclosure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD not working with Enclosure: I had an old laptop that wouldn't boot, so someone replaced my HDD and gave me the bad one back. They didn't explain what was wrong with it. A few months ago I bought and enclosure (ORICO 2588US3) to use the HDD with my current PC running Windows 10. When I plug it in, it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ugreen storage device not recognized